Marine Graduation

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Dufour

Reaction score
Morning guys! I just returned from Parris Island, S.C. where I attended my cousin's graduation ceremony. Talk about awesome. It makes you proud. As a U.S. Air Force veteran from the 70's, the ceremony brought back memories. We toured the base. Their obstacle course was alot bigger, longer and tougher than the Air Force. The family is very proud of him. He's on a 10 day leave and he's going to Camp Lejune, N.C.for more training. Barry from La. :)

Damn ... talk about tossing up a slow, fat one ... Girl Scout training is tougher than the Air Force's ... ;)

Congrats to your cousin! or should I say -- "oo-rah!"

Congrats to your cousin and thanks from all of us civilians!

Randy

Barry from a USAF vet '67-71', congrats tp your cousin and as the JARheads fondly say "Semper Fi Marine!!"

Congrats, i have a son half way through boot camp at Parris Island. Will make the same journey for graduation in 6 weeks. They make parents proud.

Welcome to my brother... Semper Fi... Congrats

Two things in my life I will never forget, I walked my daughter down the isle when she got married and I stood on the parade grounds at San Diego when my son graduated from Marine Corps boot camp. Semper Fi.

Congrats to your cousin Barry. Marty....shame on you:lol: As a vet I'm proud of anyone serving their country. Greg I forgot...the ships have sails when you were in the Marines and did we allow y'all on deck when we didn't need you to kick ass? I still have good memories of standing watch with my eye patch and saber.

fatrap

My son was pinned on 9/11/2003. He pulled two tours in Iraq. He is a double Purple Heart recipient. Other than Jesus Christ he is my greatest hero. You have every right to be proud!!!!

Upon his discharge in June 2007 he enrolled in college and took advantage of his GI Bill. He graduated this past December from Morehead State University with a degree in accounting and with a 3.93 GPA. That makes this Dad double proud!!!!

Gopreach

As am I FATRAP, as am I ... and for the record, over the course of my 27 years, 10 months AD I did serve with some very fine AF officers and airmen ... as you indicate, serving is serving! ;)

It's okay guys, I know the Air Force isn't the hardest branch of service. I did my time during the Vietnam War era and was proud to serve. My older brother served in the Marines and my twin brother served in the Army. I'm also proud of all that served.

Barry from La. :)

Semper Fi to your cousin. From a former Marine and, father of two former Marines and, one GUNNY still serving. Very proud of my sons.

My oldest son was a Senior Drill Instructor at PI Then Trained future officers at Quantico! He has been to Iraq and Afganistan.

If anyone ever gets the chance to go to PI and see a platoon come back from the "Crucible", GO! That is when they "earn" the Eagle Globe and Anchor! It is quite an ordeal they go through and a very moving thing to witness! To see young men so pleased that tears run down their cheeks because they are so proud that they made it, is AWESOM! I had tears in my eyes as well!:cool:

Sorry didn't mean to get so windy!

Any how Semper Fi to all Whether you are Marine Corp or any other branch we are all Brothers!

Fatrap... during my time..,. they had guys with oars down below decks and a fat sailor beating a drum...:cool:

I did that 12 years ago with my son and you are right, it is impressive. Just got mine back from Afghanistan this past weekend and is now back at Lejuene for a short while until he returns to Maryland. Congrats.

I graduated boot camp MCRD San Diego,in 1963,cant remember if I was prouder,or happier to be outta that place,but my hats off to all our services,course Ill always be a little biased concerning the USMC.god bless all our servicemen.

Latest posts

Back