Mac - 901 vs. 896?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
OK, Mac..... I just read your post below and now I am real curious.......

I know that a few years ago you ran an 896 and then moved to the 901. Other than price, why would you want to go back to the 896?

Enquiring minds want to know!

me?

Other than price??,...Not a lot of other reasons!! I like the deck layout and storage better on the 896.

The rod lockers are wider,...I think my 896 was faster and it was probably 6-8" lower when it sat on the trailer, making it much easier to access storage compartments on land. But in these economic times, I just think it'll be easier to sell a 896 with a 200 Opti on it than it would be another 901. I think the ride of a 901 is better,...it's a deeper, sharper V and really rides nice,......but right now money talks and at this point in time (it could change again before i order it,...who knows!!,..LOL) an 896 looks GREAT!!

At the time I ordered my 901, the 896's were no longer available....but now they are again and it's another option I have,....it'll be a tough decision,.....who knows,.. might just avoid that decision altogether and get a 929!!! LOL Time will tell!!

Latest posts

Back