List of Issues You've Had with your Nitro/Tracker

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2022 pro v 19 control panel replaced, same issue with screws but part of owning a boat

1993 170 TF w/115 Evenrude. Two issues, both totally my fault as a noob. This boat was always stored inside a heated shop, me being a po' boy, I have to store it outside. First winter the lower unit froze and split the case because of water infusion. Me being a noob, I did not know to drain the lower unit to check for water so it has sat for the last two years as I attempt to accumulate enough to get a rebuilt lower unit. The second issue is similar, I didn't remove the drain plug and the boat collected a fair amount of rain and melted snow before I realized what was happening.

I bought my 180TF used. Repowered with a 1992or3 150 Evinrude.
Transom was found to be rotten after 4 years of buying her. Repaired with SeaCast. Boat was 30 years old so could be expected.

Gelcoat was faded. Did some wet sanding and polishing. Looks great now. Need to finish a few places that I missed.

Replaced the old cable steering with Uflex hydraulic system.

Trolling motor was under powered and tired. Replaced it and rewired for straight 24v from the 12-24v system that came on the boat.

New windshield. Not yet installed.

Trolling motor foot petal tray. Not yet installed.

My boat with taking its age into consideration has been great. It needed some extensive work but not anything to be hot with Nitro over.

Bought a 2013 z7 with a 150 4stroke. After toying with the idea of jack plates / prop changes, I finally came across the hull hook posts today in other forums. Sure enough, that appears to be my issue. I can run 54mph and I get on a plane pretty well, however I don't know if this will get worse over time and if it can impact my motor longevity.

full thread with others that have had the same issue. - https://www.nitroowners.com/threads/performance-questions.86399/#post-715368

Bought a 2020 175txw. Complete trouble free boat. Never had it back to the service department other than for winterization.
Last year, Bought a 2023 Targa V19 Combo. Socket on the white Nav light had a loose wire, discovered by the service center during a service check when I had it there to raise the motor mounting position and they fixed it and did the engine lover recall-upgrade.

2023 Z19. Picked up in Dec in MO. (live in WI), as soon as I pulled it off the lot at our first stop an hour away, we noticed break fluid leaking on trailer, one of the rubber step pad, was flopping in the wind, and there was a stain on tailight. Drive back to dealer and fixed it all. Had to send me tailight, i put in.

I highly recommend anyone buying new, go through the boat very thuroughly in the first 30 days. Dealership does not tell you that. This is for quality contol items.

I had a "finger print" on the INSIDE of my touch screen controls. I notified dealership 4 months later and Nitro pawned it off as where and tear. I haven't even used the boat yet!! Luckily, the dealersip had a picture of console when they took delivery that showed the print. I sent the pic to then, then Nitro decided to cover it. Making it look like it they were doing it as a favor.

I forgot to mention, the boat leaked! First time in the water, and the bilge fill up, a lot of water came out after loading. Further investigation, some of the port trims fir livewell were not sealed and the sealant were the two halves of boat meet(rubber bumper) had holes in various spots. Poor quality. Resealed and working fine now.

Nitro's customer service sucks, its no secret.

2023 Z19. Picked up in Dec in MO. (live in WI), as soon as I pulled it off the lot at our first stop an hour away, we noticed break fluid leaking on trailer, one of the rubber step pad, was flopping in the wind, and there was a stain on tailight. Drive back to dealer and fixed it all. Had to send me tailight, i put in.

I highly recommend anyone buying new, go through the boat very thuroughly in the first 30 days. Dealership does not tell you that. This is for quality contol items.

I had a "finger print" on the INSIDE of my touch screen controls. I notified dealership 4 months later and Nitro pawned it off as where and tear. I haven't even used the boat yet!! Luckily, the dealersip had a picture of console when they took delivery that showed the print. I sent the pic to then, then Nitro decided to cover it. Making it look like it they were doing it as a favor.

Nitro's customer service sucks, its no secret.
I’ve got a 96 160TF (Rick Clunn), & In don’t remember that much Stuff at one time… Sorry Man…

2018 PT 195 TXW 40th Anniversary Edition. The only real issue I have is the pedestals on the front and back will not stay tight. If you sit on the seats and turn back and forth a few times, the pedestal that goes into the floor of the boat gets loose. I have tried Loctite, rubber pads, JB Weld, nothing works.

Latest posts

Back