Lights on but switch is off????

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Droke

Reaction score
Hey guys, weird thing going on in my 170DC. I fished yesterday and the rains came while fishing which soaked the boat interior. Seeing as how I can't cover it when wet, I do as always when that happens and let her sit out until the sun and fans dry everything. I go out this morning and notice that the led deck lights are ON but very dim. I checked the switch and it is OFF. What the heck?? How is that even possible?? Can it be from water getting somewhere and causing a conductive patch?? Any suggestions appreciated. :)

Pull the wire supplying power to the switch. If the light goes out, that would indicate the switch is defective.

Good luck.

Will do guys. I am thinking it is the switch. I remembered today that I had this happen several years ago on a 170tf. It rained in it one night and the next day the nav light switch was off but the indicator light was on. Changed the switch and fixed it.

Actually, not a problem with a switch as it would be a short like Scott suggested

Latest posts

Back