KY Lake ....Looking for a guide

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sisco Sisk

Reaction score
Greetings All,

I just got the green light for a weeks worth of therapy on beautiful KY lake. Going down after big slabs the last week of March. I know it's a little notice to be booking a guide, but I think it's in my best interest for making the most of the trip. Does anyone know of a good one that runs near the Moors? Does the Moors still sponser this site?

Thanks in advance

SISKO

I don't know of any guides in the area, butif you are staying at the Moors you will not be disappointed. After being directed there by this site my family has stayed there the lst couple of years and loved it. they have built a new onsite resturant which is excellent. We have only stayed in the lodge, but cabins looked good also. I am usually there in June and bass fish only so cannot comment on crappie. Enjoy.

Call the Moors and have them set you up with a Guide... They will do you a good job...

If your going after mainly slabs...get a good Hot Sopts map and it'll put you in some of the better areas.

I didn't need a guide...I just followed all the other crappy fishermen:lol:

Go to www.kentuckylake.com look in the fishing reports for Captain Kirk. you'll find his web site there.He's the best crappie guide on the lake. And a all around good guy. Tell him Billy said hi.

We started guilding back in 93, he stayed at it and I went in to dog training. But I still fish the lake about a 100 days a year. Late March is a good time to go, if you can get some decent weather.

Thanks for the replies. This will be the 2nd time staying at the Moors. Very nice resort...they really cater towards fisherman. I called Cpt. Kirk but he was booked. He sounded like a real solid guide. I ended up booking "The Big Kahuna" for a day. I'll let you know how we do.

SISKO

Latest posts

Back