Kentucky Lake andthe Moors

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Newman

Reaction score
I spent 4 days staying at the Moors last week and boating/fishing on Kentucky Lake. Great resort I would recommend to anyone. The lake was excellent also. We were there with the ski boat, but I do have it rigged with a trolling motor so I can get out in the mornings while the wife sleeps in for some fishing with myself and two daughters.

As we were unhooking the trailer after launching the boat I noticed a couple of wrapped fishing boats at the cabin next to the launch. I was staring at the guy next to one of them for about 10 minuts because he looked familar and it turned out to be Denny Brauer and his son Chad both in the same cabin. Turns out the Moors had just completed an FLW Sten series tournament the previous day. The next morning I went down to our slip about 5:30am to go fishing and the wrapped boats were lined up like a parade at the launch. Turns out there was an E50 tournament later that week on the same lake so everyone was in for practice. I was suroounded by bass pros the entire time we were there , but never felt comfortable to walk up and talk to any of them. I did see some nice boats/equipment and it was also interesting to see how they practice out on the lake. Based on what I saw they work harder on the "off" days practicing than they probably do during the actual tournament. Just another example of hard work and practice is one of the main things that sets apart the pros from the rest of us.

Only negative comment was that there were more dead fish floating around the resort(released fish from FLW event I assume) than I would have expected. I thought they really tried to limit the stress the fish see. Maybe FLW does not do the same things that BASS does? I do not know just a comment.

Thanks for everyone on this site putting me on to the Moors resort. My whole family had a great time.:D:D

Glad to hear every thing is back to normal at the Moors after the whoopin from the tornado they took last year. Very nice place, if I ever go back down that way, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

As far as talking to the Pros. One thing I learned at the Classic the other year, is that they usually have to be dragged away from the fans. Very approachable, and as you stated, usually VERY busy. We talked to alot of them, and I cannot say one bad thing about a single one (as far as dealing with fans).

Steve

Latest posts

Back