kudos to Bob B once again

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Yeaton

Reaction score
Well I broke down and took a ride to see Bob B. today. First order of business was to pick up a new pro seat, got that. Second was to talk with Bob about a stainless prop for my 90 Merc. Bob explained that there was going to be no "real" performance gains (maybe 1 or 2 mph) for the $400 I was going to spend. He said that even if I had the time to play around with the motor height and prop, it wouldn't be worth the gain.

Ok, how about another aluminum? I need a spare anyway. I told Bob I was running 45 speedo at 5200 rpm's with a 12.75 X 21P. He suggested dropping to a 19P to get my RPM's up where they should be, around 55 - 5600. Acceleration will be quicker, but he isn't sure what it'll do to my top speed. I'm thinking the higher rpm's will keep me where I am now for speed, maybe a tad bit more since the prop is a little bigger... pushing more water.

Bob saved me $400 AND even saved me some money at the parts counter on the new aluminum. Once I actually buy it (Father's Day present to myself) and get it on I'll keep you guys posted on numbers.

Latest posts

Back