Just a Proud Papa!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Walls

Reaction score
Guys I am busting at the seams and have to boast a little. What a weekend for the family! One, my 12 year old son's All-Star basketball team won prestigious tournament at the Spiece Center in Fort Wayne, Indiana Saturday. They beat a team in over time in the finals that had not lost all year! Best of all, on the way home he must have seen about ten lakes and asked if we could hit them this summer!

Then to top it off my Freshman daughter was just selected as one of the top 150 Freshman Volleyball players in the United States by the United State Volleyball Association! Her high school coach announced it by bringing her a dozen roses, balloons, candy, gift and a card to where she was babysitting. She also had all the team she could round up with her to say congrats! She was very suprised!

Oh yeah, I also beat my wife, two out of three in eight ball on our new table we had installed this past week!

What a weekend and thanks for letting me yell that to the world! With the temp supposed to hit 60 Tuesday who knows, maybe I can find some soft water within a month or so! I can only keep the fingers crossed and go play the lotter!:lol:

Randy!

Mac, I actually did wear your hat this weekend! Now only if the rod you did for me had the same magical power!:lol::lol:

Randy!

Congrats on the kids achievements. And, your wife was very kind to let you win... LOL

Greg you don't know the half of it, and I am sure I bring this on my self!

She was an all world athlete and went to Michigan State on a combo basketball and volleyball scholarship. So naturally with me attending Notre Dame and playing football we do go at it often. In fact we were hoping that the Eagles (my team) would have played in the Super Bowl against her Steelers. As it is, I don't think she has worn anything else but a Steelers shirt since!

Love her though!

Randy!

Congrats.. Life is Good, Randy. I wont even hold it against you for being a 'Domer. ;)the way the Women's Programs are going recent years there, perhaps the daughter can set her sights on good old zip code 46556. good programs fur shur.

I agree! She jsut wants to get a teaching degree and teach elementary education. She has a good head on her shoulders, even for a freshman. She doesn't care about where she goes either. She does like the Michigan State Coach alot though.

Randy!

great to get some notice this early, then she can set the stage for where she wants to go, hopefully, and have the leverage on her side if all progresses well.

As an aside, in general on higher education: on my way to BPS in Portage yesterday, I noticed and remarked how much "student housing" is going up around Purdue Northcentral (and likewise, IUSB, IUPUI). Seems like the current economy, and the progress and development these regional campuses have made, are making them a very attractive financial alternative. Not much scholarship/athletic ride oppty though.

Life is great isn't it? Congrats to your son's basketball team. Quite an accomplisment.:cool: And what a coach of your daughter's volleyball team. Went way beyond the line of duty I'd say. And pool bragging rights for beating the wife just makes it all the better, doesn't it?:rolleyes:

Uncle Billy

I don't believe I am going to say this being from Iowa but here goes. Randy If your daughter is going to use volleyball to go to college you have to check out the state of Nebraska. That state is unbelievable when it comes to Girls volleyball. She would be playing in front of packed arena's. They are unbeliveable fans over there and one of the top programs in the country, but you all probably know that already. If not check it out the NCAA championship is held in Omaha every year now and it is wild.

Ed I already did know that and we do watch them. At the High school level Indiana is one of the tops. A friend of my daughter is 6'8" and will be going to Penn State next year to play. I know they just won everything this year but they may again next year also. My daughter is not so much worried about D1, she wants warm and a good team at a school that offers a degree in elemetary education. She just received a letter from Appalactian(sp?)State yesterday. She puts all the southern schools in a seperate folder!

Take care!

Randy!

Congrats Randy! My brothers and cousins are currently attending U of Nebraska. They have an awesome team. One of my cousin is a sophomore playing at a high school in Nebraska and she is really good. I have been following her. Hope she achieves stardom and your daughter too.

Latest posts

Back