Feel bad for my daughter

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Walls

Reaction score
My daughter's volleyball season last year (her junior year) went about as well as it could have. They made it to the state semi-finals and she was voted a state junior all-star and was the number two server in the nation among all players!!!!! She is considered one of the top 100 in the nation in high school and her club team finished 9th at nationals. Fast forward to this year and in February her club team is playing the number one team in the nation and it is a very tight match when she goes for a kill and a girl from the other team comes under the net, my daughter steps on her foot and blows out her ACL!!!!!

Many major colleges drop her immediately from their recruiting!!! And, finally, after months of rehab she is given a full release so she can begin her last high school season. On the day she is released (she can't play until she has 10 practices under her belt) her teammate and best friend, another all-stater, blows out her ACL in a scrimmage!!!!!!! Megan feels terrible and thinks her season is basically over. To the teams benefit, their first game against a good Plymouth team is a victory!!!! I am just venting as I try to console her and get her ready to play in a week.

My oldest son was a phenomenal athelete and I loved watching him play, but my daughter is on another level. She is a beautiful 17 year old girl off the court, but when she gets on it, she owns it. She honestly believes there isn't anything she can't do on the court if need be, and she backs that up against the best in the nation. It is sad to see her so upset about something that she has nto control over but that is a part of growing up and learning to handle it. I think once she begins to play she will get going again but will always miss her friend not playing with her her senior season. :(

Thanks to all for letting me rant!

Randy!

Trials and tribulations of being the best of the best. Tell her to keep at it, and DON'T give up.....MANY have recovered emotionally and physically. :)

Had a similar experience with my son. She sounds like a terrific young lady, and with your support, she'll be fine. **** happens, and screws up our plans, but our plans may not be "The Plan". I'm sure you've taught her to have Faith, and to lean on that Faith when all around her is going to ****. Remember, "Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers".

We are all the sum of our experiences, and if we went back and changed any one of those experiences, we wouldn't be who we have become.

I can say that my mother and I have told her that now people will discount her for many ill-be-gotten reasons. That she will have to work harder and in many different ways than she has had to before.

She has shown us she means business and has taken to her rehab like a bull. The rehab people has jokingly said that they hope she never kicks or hits them!

All in all still a straight A student and a goal to become an elementary teacher. She loves working with children.

Thanks to all.

Randy!

Kids like this are simply 'natural born winners' and show the best of our youth (of course, Mom & Dad have a great deal to do with it also!). Some look at adversity as something that will slow them down or stop them. Generally - making excuses.

The best see adversity as a challenge (just one of many that most of us see) to tackle and overcome. I'm certain from what you have said, that your Daughter will continue to excel, lead and overcome.

Nice job and hat's off to her 'Coaches'!

Tex

As bad as it seems now th elessons she is learning now will pay off dividends later in life. I promise her that!

Keep supporting her and by the sounds of it, she will have schools knocking down the door to get her on the team. I wish her the best of luck in her future. I do say its looking pretty bright. You should be proud! Great job raising her!

She sounds like a coach's dream... Her High School Coach can and will be able to clue recruiters in again. However, if they are a little reluctant she should go for broke and take a walk on role at the best (in her opinion) school without a scholarship...

My cousin's daughter had a similar experience with an ankle injury as a soccer player. she is now on a full scholarship and starts for her dream team...

Latest posts

Back