Proud Papa!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Walls

Reaction score
I just had to brag!!!!!!!!!

My daughter made the varsity volleyball team at LaPorte as a Freshman. She is one of only a handfull that have made varsity as a freshman in the last twenty years!!!!!!!!! She is so excited and of course so are mom and I.

This team is usually ranked in the top 10 each year and narrowly missed the state finals last year.

What a great feeling when you children do something like this. Better than when I do something good!

Randy!

Congrats... It shows that she is a very special athelete... And, it shows that she gets a lot of support at home...

Yo Randy, as one volleyball dad to another, congrats to the kiddo. I know you will be spending a lot of time in the gym this fall. That is pretty cool. Keep us posted on the season.

My oldest did the same thing her freshman year, ended up starting outside after another girl had mental issues. I know how you feel!:D

Suh-Weet! Congrats there Pops! A 10lb bass can't come anywhere close to making a guy puff up like he does when he's proud of his baby girl!.....and my baby is 20 and still has me wrapped:rolleyes:. We'll be watching for the stats! Congrats again.:D

JP

Eddie, thanks. I understand that she will actually be starting in middle andmost likely playing all around. With Club and school we spend a lot of time at the gyms. Specially since the junior basketball league I run is out of the same building and I coach my sons team there also.

Wouldn't give it up for the world though. JP you hit it on the head.

Thanks everyone!

Randy!

Congrats! Some of her best memories will come from the time she spends in sports. And you never know, she may get a college education from it!

You done good Papa.

Thanks Mini! I'd like to take the credit but if you ever saw me play volleyball ......... well? I would give all credit to my wife. She went to Michigan State on a combo Volleyball/Basketball scholarship and has really been able to help her. Now talk football, baseball, basketball, softball or bowling and I could help.

Thanks!

You're not bragging, just showing due pride!! Congrats and God Bless you and your family.

Well you did a part in her upbringing, maybe not a specific sport training....but an athlete and an athlete having a kid is almost sure to turn into an athlete. :)

Okay man, she is a freshman and going to play middle, how tall is this girl? You must have been stretching her! Tell her good luck on the season from another volleyball dad.

See ya.

Ed she is 5'11" and just turned 14. She played in the national championships the last three years with her club team (best finish 10th)and have seen a lot of girls taller. Her athleticism is what sets her apart. She has a verticle of 27" and a ton of power, from fighting with her two brothers no doubt. Her high school coach has been outstanding and some of her cluc coaches. She has been video taped and received letters from LSU, MSU, Ball State and Northern Illinois University since sixth grade. I know that will stop soon as the "official" process begins. Went through this with my oldest son. So will just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Randy!

How cool. Tell he to spike one for the Nitro Group.

Dan

Latest posts

Back