JimB/Madkyaker

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Duggan

Reaction score
Heys guys,

what is the status of our trip to Winnisquam?

Jim have you been up there latetly, i will be taking one of my customers there next Wednesday for his anuall customer fishing trip with SAS inc.

Do you think its on yet? i would have to geuss that they will be in full swing by then.

Heading out to Northwood again this sunday for a 1/2 day. Looking at heading up to my brothers place at Sunappee next Friday night and spending Saturday looking for those 4lb smallies.

Let me know what you 2 have in mind. If you have not fished Sunappee in the past couple yrs, take the time to get there this spring. the lake has come alive and there are some really nice smallies to be had. The lake is pretty much void of other bass fisherman over the past yrs. there are rumers from a good source of some big largies making a come back there as well.

GregD

GregD - I was wondering the same thing you were about Lake Winnisquam. I am going to try to get out there next week some time and maybe over the following weekend. I haven't been to Lake Sunnapee and don't know where the ramp is. I'd be interested in meeting you there if you go again soon.

Bill, the MadKayaker

Bill,

i am heading too Winnisquam Wedsnesday> you interested?

There are two ramps at Sunappee. 1 is located at the state park. Not sure of the ramp rules after Memorial Day. There is a free ramp in Sunappee harbor. They make parking difficult to deter e transient boaters.

If you use the Sunnappeeharbor ramp. you can park directly across from the ramp and down to the right. there are a handful of spots along the road with lined spots big enough for you truck and trailer.

i will be fishing there next saturday for most of the day.

GregD

I wont be heading up for sure this weekend. I have a tournament on Whitehall this Sat. I havent fished there in over a decade so i have no idea what to expect.

Let me know how you guys do up there, i may want to head up next weekend if the fishing and weather are both good.

Hey guys - I ended up going today as tomorrow is going to be raining. The water temp averaged out at 55 degrees. There were some smallies circling the beds and very few on the beds. We caught a total of 15 smallies in both pre-spawn and spawn stages. No repeat catches. The largest was a shade under 4lbs and most were the usual 2 - 2 1/2 lb variety.

We also caught four largemouth in the cove, all but one were under 1 1/2 lbs. The one good sized largemouth was over 2 1/2 lbs.

So I think the window will stay open for a while longer. I may bring more friends on Thursday and then maybe over the weekend. I won't have another opportunity to go back after this weekend until after memorial day so this may wrap up my annual pilgrimage there.

Bill, the MadKayaker

Latest posts

Back