January fishing ....TEXAS style!

• Thread starter Kenny Lively [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny Lively

Reaction score
Ok guys lets guess this one. Just caught her 3 hours ago. She ain't no smallie, those are few and far between down here in the lone star state. Here is all the info except the weight. Caught Jan. 25th 2004, 3:00 pm, Houston County Lake, East Texas. Water temp 55.4 clear to 2 ft, C-rig 6" straight tail watermelon/red worm, 7ft deep, 24 1/8" long. caugt 6 more, all small lost one more good fish broke off. Fished for 3 hours from 2-5 pm. Winner gets a free guided trip on this home lake of mine. KENNY

BTW I weigh about 260. Maybe this will help ya'll with the comparison. She was released right back where she was caught.
DSCF0002.JPG

6.4 pounds....I will be in Texas in a few days, Email me your number!

Mini

6.1-I can come to Houston County soon..!!! :)

looks like some of the BASSMASTERS 12 lb'ers though

FYI, HOCO(Houston County Lake) used to own the Texas state record(14-2oz) at one time before Fork was invented.

JimN

Forgot the camera, had to drive her to the house couple miles from the lake. Took the pic, put here back in live well put the boat back in the water, and dropped her back by the boat house she was caught by, then fished a little more and came back home. Didn't catch anthing after I go back out there.

Yep..In the 8 range is my guess.. Very close to 9..

Nice bass though.. No matter where you fish at..

Max <><

Lets go 'till I get off work tomorrow, 3:00 pm. Kraig dad asked if I'd heard any thing about a Fork trip this year, you got anything planned? KENNY

Well folks we have already got a winner, Jon McGlynn.

8.3 is what she weighed. weighed her on set of scales that my Dad weighs his shelled peas on (he is a farmer and raises & sells peas) the scales are certified by the Texas weights and measurments guys every few years. Jon it's a long ways from Minnesota to Texas. But if you ever come to the East Texas area you got a trip to HOCO lake, in my boat, with all the tackle supplied I'll even get my wife to whip us up some breakfast, I live close enough we'll run back to the house for some lunch, and have a big supper(dinner) when we get off the lake. We'll fish from daylight to dark. All you got to do is get down here. KENNY

Hey BTW if anybody wants to go to HOCO just holler at me. I ain't no guide anyway, but the trip will still be free and guided by yours truely. The only thing missing will be the meals, my wife said she would do it for the winner. So if anybody else comes we may have to settle for a sausage bisquit and some summer sausage. KENNY

According to the length/girth rule that fish should weigh somewhere between 8 and 9 lbs. The one I have on my wall was 24-1/4'' and weighed 9.015 lbs on certified scales.

Hey guys it was a lot of fun, I was hoping Roland Martin would logon I would have had a 12lber, this is my 6th over 8 from HOCO lake I still haven't got one over 10 from the lake. Have caught 2 over 10 from Fork caught the same day about 50 yds apart and 15 mins. apart weighed and certified both of them one was 10.2 the other 10.8, they looked like twins the only two bites I got that day. I'll never forget it, 2, 10's in one day.

This one wasn't real heavy w/eggs yet she probably will be a late spawner. My guess is that when she reaches her peak egg mass & she feeds heavily before spawn she'll jump over the 9 mark maybe i'll see her again in a month or so. KENNY

I guess 9lbs 11 oz. Stout fish. Are you trying to make us jealous. Especially since we were hit with an ice storm today and nobody is going fishing here.

Nice Fish Kenny!! I caught almost an identical one on Lavon a couple of weeks ago. Fished for 3 hours, caught a 2.25, 2.75, 4.0, 5.25 and 8.0. What a stringer for that lake. It's hard to beat Texas in January when they are biting!!

NIce fish either way....

Must have been the picture. The way you are holding the bass it looks like it is angled toward you at the fishes head....

Mini

wow!!! what a great site!, I have been here for 1 whole day and I win a prize. I feel so emberassed, I didnt even prepare an acceptance speech....lol. Im suprised I was even close since the biggest Fish I have ever caught (bass) was a 21 incher.....dont know the weight. Kenny, I wouldnt count on it but I may hold you to this someday, I would give anything to fish them southern waters.Anyway, very nice fish and thanks to all you that have givin me some great advice on this web site so far in my journey of shopping for a new boat. Tight lines to all.

Hey Sawicki, get real man...camera angle and fish position as well as different fish body types all play a part in what a fish will look like in a picture. I can tell you without a doubt that a Potomac river bass looks nothing like a Lake Anna bass. Has nothing to do with how many you've held (and yes I've held quite a few).

TOXIC

I have never caught an 8 pound largemouth, but I will in 04. Tox is right....not to mention the size of the person really makes a difference. I have a photo of an ex-NFL lineman holding a 6 pounder tha looks like its a 2 pounder.

Mini

Well, my biggest LM went 6.5, and this one looks bigger. I'd say 7.75. Maybe 8.

Craig

Latest posts

Back