Back From Lake Fork (Texas)

• Thread starter Donald Fruge [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donald Fruge

Reaction score
Here's the skinny on my trip to Lake Fork:

Drove up 5 1/2 hours last Wednesday. When we were about an hour out from the lake the clouds started rolling in. The clouds did not break until we were on our way to eat dinner Saturday night. You would think that the fishing would have been great but that was not so, it was fair at best.

Thursday morning went out with a guide and ended the day with 7 fish. It rained the entire morning until just before we broke for lunch. I caught 4 (biggest being 4lbs). The guide caught 2 (biggest 3 1/2). Friend caught 1 about 2lbs. All except the 4 lb fish were caught the last two hours of the day. Left the lake at 4:30 pm with the fish biting. That kinda sucked. All of our fish were caught on wacky rigs or texas rigged lizards (watermelon red)

Friday was about the same. Two of the guys on our trip had boat trouble so they fished with me. Our friday total was 7 fish the biggest being about 3 lbs. All caught on trick worms rigged wacky style and texas rigged worms.

Saturday morning woke up to pouring rain which had started at about 10:00 pm the night before. Everyone slept in due to the 25 mile an hour winds and rain. When every one got up and saw the weather, 8 out of the 11 people in our group went home! We were just 3 die hards left but we were determined to fish.

Finally saturday afternoon we set out in about 10 to 15 mile an hour winds hoping to catch some fish. We managed 7 fish in about an hour and a half and had to leave due to 25 mile an hour winds and 1 to 1 1/2 foot seas on the main lake. Had a hell of a time crossing the lake in that mess but the tracker handled it like a trooper. Sooner, I now call my boat the "SUPER SOAKER" also. I thought about you when I put my rain suit on to make the trek across the lake.

Here is one of my best of the trip: (the other one about this size will be on the guides web site.

Till NextTime,

Wolf
Lake%20Fork%20Fish_thumb.jpg

Boy that picture should make "Me" happy.

I don't know how to post a picture. I tried.

Wolf

Wolf-

when you post,just click on the yellow "my library" thingey at the bottom of the page.It will open up your library in a new window.Just check the circle under the photo you want.The library will close,and the picture will be listed in the spot that says "picture".Then just hit reply.

Steve

Those Lake Fork bass really have pretty colors and markings don't they? ( I went to your library and looked at your fish full size) You can tell that fish had spawned not too long ago. So how would you rate the trip on a scale of 1 to 10? Sounds like you caught some decent fish but really had to fight Mama Nature the whole way. I sure glad I didn't come down there with the idea of tent camping.

Harpo

Geeeez man, it's green and plush down there, whatcha doing with a SWEATSHIRT on????

Wolf - man, does that picture ever make me HOMESICK! Nice HAWG.

All you northern folks pay attention. That's a HAWG. Don't be callin' it no Toad!

Tex

Nice fish Wolf! I notice a lot of southern fish are a lot darker than these Northern fish. Nice black stripes down the side. The only ones I see like that up here are caught out of deep dark mossy ponds and lakes.

TEE

BTW...I know what ya' mean by "supersoaker":) My ol' 94' would not only soak ya'...it'd beat your fillings out too!

Sooner,

Tent camping would have been miserable. The trip was about a 6. It was a six because everytime I went out I caught fish. Not many but it was better than scratching. We stayed in a house on the lake and it was nice to come off the water and cook, sit around and relax.

Rob,

If you look even closer, I have a t-shirt on, a button down shirt and a sweatshirt. That picture was taken about 10 hours after the front moved through and the temp was around 55 degrees with a 25 mph wind that made it feel like 40. I know you northerners don't think that is cold but down here after a month of temps in the mid to upper 80's it was brisk. Hell the day before I had my shirt off and was complaining about how hot it was for the beggining of may.

I will post some more pics after while got a meeting to go to.

Wolf

"me!" is not happy.....

"me!" is ENVIOUS!!

VERY NICE CATCH, WOLF!

That aint cold or windy LOL...heck just last week my buddy and I were fishing in 45* weather with a 35 mph wind. Kinda nippy but we caught fish.

Nice fish Wolf.

T.S.

Steve R,

How do you resize a picture. I put another shot of that fish in my library but it is HUUGGGEEEE.

I am not real familiar with all this picture posting/editing stuff.

Sooner, you seem to have a little knowledge on the subject....

Wolf

Wolf -

I have two picture editing programs - MS Photo Editor and the Kodak software that came with my camera.

On the Kodak, after choosing the edit feature and cropping or whatever I wanted to do, when I go to save the picture, there are resize options available. There is one that says something like "Best for Web". That option will make it easily viewed here.

I prefer the MS Photo Editor. There, I go to the menu bar and chose "Image". Then I chose "Resize" from the dropdown.

In the resize window, in the lower right hand corner, it will give you the choice between "inches" and "pixels". I chose pixels and resize the largest dimension to about 550.

If you would like the MS program, let me know and I'll e-mail it to you!

me!

Nice fish! It bites when mother nature doesn't cooperate. Been there too many times to count but I always seem to make the best of it. That's all you can do.

I use a program called Jasc After Shot. It is very useful for not only cropping and editing but also categorizing them. It has a red eye eliminator and all that stuff. I think just about any good digital camera software can re-size your pictures. You just want to find the box that says something like re-size. I usually start with something like 600pixels X ?. The program will work out the other deminsion. Also convert your pictures to .jpeg if possible. It takes up less room than .bmp. Just play around with it, as long as your pictures are saved you can always delete any screwups and start over.

Harpo

Latest posts

Back