jack plate

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stan jones

Reaction score
i have a 1989 tf 1800 in very good shape with 115 mariner. 22p laser 2. iv'e tried a few different props ss and aluminum. my problem is some porpousing. sometimes hard to get over 4500 rpms. the laser2 will let me get 5300 rpms at about 54 mph. but sometimes it bounces. i have the small plugs in. when i store the boat i let off the straps and so did the other owner. so i do't believe the bottom is warped. i was wondering if a jack plate would help. my boat is rated for a 150 and the transom is in very good shape. i've been looking at the mechanical 5 1/2" one out of bass shops. i need info please. thanks stan

Stan, I talked to a guy at Tracker about our hull, when I first bought mine. He was there for the design and manufacturing of the hulls. He advised NOT to ever put a jackplate on that hull. It wasn't designed for it, and the extra weight and torque would cause premature failure. I wouldn't do it. I would try to trade in the 115 for a 150. But if you're running 54(on GPS?) already, you won't see much more. I only get 59 GPS with my rebuilt 150 and 3 blade Raker. But I only turn 5,000 RPMs too. Good luck.

I know this is apples to oranges but I put a 4" jackplate on my TXS17 last year and it made the problem worse. But if you are interested It is now hanging on the wall. Waiting for the next boat ride...

BF

again, this is why i like this site. i need to know more about these wedges. i work in a composite factory. i'm sure i could make something if i new how and why these wedges work and where to attach them. thanks stan

Latest posts

Back