Nitro 640 90 Opti Chipped Up

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Nelson

Reaction score
Hey guys a while ago i posted about retuning the ecu on my 90 opti and what to expect, well i have done it and its a great upgrade.

Below are some numbers for you guys as a few asked for results in my last post.

Boat 2005 640lx

2008 90 opti STock

RPM: 5800

SPD: 50-51mph

PROP: 22p LAser 2

4inch Jackplate

Poor holeshot

90 Opti 120HP+ possibly

RPM:5800

SPD: 54-55mph

PROP: 24p Trophy PLus

4inch jack plate

rapid holeshot

With the new prop and power the boat jumps out of the hole, and has quite rapid mid range accel. It will push your head back if you pin it above 4000 rpm.

Chaine walk is a bit of an issue one up with a light load. But thats half the fun.

I could probably go to a 25p trophy or get the 24 worked as it still has some revs left in it, plus i have not raised the engine on the plate yet.

But over all the boat is now a little rocket. Easily drives past 115s and sits with 115 pros.

AusNitro

Did Simon do your ECU here in the states or do you have someone local?

I got it done through a friend im not exacty sure who he sent the ECU too, it was doen in the usa however.

Tried the link you provided for Simon Motorsports. I couldn't get it to come up. Did a search and here is what I found.

Thanks for the info. I may give them a call one of these days. I can't seem to leave any motor alone on any of my vehicles or boats. Always have to get the most out of them without tearing them up.
http://simonmotorsportstech.com

Latest posts

Back