Jack plate is on

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well I got my Atlas 6" plate on but my tech was in such a hurry that he forgot to put on the low water pick up. I tried it as is. I actually lost some hole shot and gained absolutely nothing top end. However, I didn't want top end but ride and the rough water ride is noticably improved. I assume I am not getting better top end because I dare not raise the plate all the way up due to water pressure. Hopefully, with the pick up I can jack her all the way up and get back around 70 mph. I really did not expect to lose hole shot though. Now it is typical with a load...very acceptable. Previously, it was eye watering fast. I could be on plane in about 2 boat lengths. Now it's about 50 yards. And it still doesn't really plow skyward so I can live with it for the softer ride. I will advise what happens once I get to play with the pick ups on and pull the plate all the way up. Any suggestions??? I know Mini is chomping to jump at this one. :lol:

Latest posts

Back