Humminbirf 587

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Blankenship

Reaction score
I have a quick question. I have a 587 that was once on the console an then I purchased an 898 and out the 587 up front. For some reason my 2d sonar works but the display in the upper left hand corner does not read right. My sonar will show say that I am in 10' of water but my display will not say anything. This was already on the boat when I purchased so I don't know how old it is. I tried to register it on humminbird while ago but I don't know the purchase date. Is there any software update tht may help this or do y'all have any suggestions. Thanks

Travis,

If the unit worked right before but does not now than more than likely a software update will not help the unit any. I would try connecting it to the power and transducer that your 898 unit is using to see if it starts showing the digital water depth correctly or not. that way you will know whether the problem is in the unit or transducer.

FYI: the current software version for the 587ci units is version 5.310, but I don

I tried to register the unit last night. It said there was a problem and to contact humminbird. I don't know if it was already registered with the original owner or what.

I have both units tied to my fuse panel. I tried turning off everything else except the 587 but the display still does not work right.

Serial # 8122202-0329

Any help with this Greg would be great. I don't know if u can find out if it has already been registered or not.

It doesn't make any difference how many persons have registered that unit. You need to do it also so you can get the latest updates.

Latest posts

Back