Hey Tee/SimNitro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnie Matney

Reaction score
I may goto Cumberland this weekend...any idea how the water is down there?? Simmy...what about Cave Run or Herrington???? I need to hit the water, but don't know which ramps lakes would be better?? I really wanna got Cumberland but I don't know much about it...any tips on where to luanch/fish??? Help me!!

Donnie

If the weather holds, Barb and I are going to Alligator 1 or 2 Saturday morning on cumberland... this is the one farther back in Wolf Creek... I am hoping there will be a little less boat traffic there...If you go to Cumberland, all the ramps should be good, but I am trying to venture "away" from places I know will be covered with p-boaters...Connely, Burnside, Jamestown and probably even Halcombs will be very busy with traffic. First trip for us to ALligator, but I have high hopes...

Depending on where you launch, I would head midway back in the creeks and concentrate on the points, Look for pockets with good wood or 45 degree shale/red clay banks...Main lake bluffs and rocks should be pretty good as well.

From what I hear, Herrington has alot of trash in the "bends", but is generally fine, just high. Most of the ramps on Herrington should be usable...

If we go to Herrington, We will either put in at Cane Run (new ramp for us) or at Chimney Rock... We did fairly well in the Red Gate/McCackney area the past 2 trips (not last weekend, both sats before that one). At this point I will start hitting main lake points and flats on Herrington.

Ping me when you know more....

Well I wont be able to go this weekend...My dad is coming down Sat and we are ATVing on sunday. Looks like I have next Friday off..I may hit C-land then...let me know if your going we may hook up. Iam dying to do some fishing...been working too hard I guess!

Latest posts

Back