hello everyone!!!

• Thread starter JEFF WHITE [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/83
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEFF WHITE

Reaction score
well,its been a few days since the rally.met a lot of good people.fished some good water,seen some nice boats,and faces to people.even though we didnt place too high in the tournament,but we did bring in 2 fish,so we didnt get shut out.fridays prefish we trolled out on the flats on the vt side,we got 16 respectable smallies.saturday with the wind,the 2-4ft chop in the channel,we managed to fish a little before the small problem.saturday night we fished some more,to get a feel for the lake a little better,found a few new spots.sunday we woke up late.so we didnt get to fish,but i think we were up before neeley!we went out and trolled the flats we fished friday,got some nice smallies,all over 3+lbs,along with a northern over 27",a perch at least 12" and this thing called a sunfish that was over 2 lbs!

and now for the rwcap of my weekend,friday morning,getting ready to launch,discovered the shift cable for my 90 was broke,well,the casing was,rigged it to work,then the center broke,now i have no shift,only throttle.rig it to work so we can fish at least,no reverse though!!saturday night while coming out of the chazy river,spun the hub on my prop for the 8hp!it pushes the boat at a little above idle,but mid to full rpm it does squat!but the good thing is i discovered my light problem on the trailer that has been bugging the snot out of me!!!

all in all,a great weekend!

oh greg,if youre thinking of replacing your shift cables,there stock length is 14 ft,i went with 15ft so they dont get the bad bend they have in the splashwell!and besides that replacing the main electrical line from the battery to the electronics with 8 ga wiring since i have it torn apart!

oh well,hopefully i will have it back together for this saturday!

pierre,we got gas at the same station in the truck and boat,no problems so far.

boatcables.jpg

Jeff,

My mechanic replaced the control cables, throttle and shift, when I had the engine rebuilt...he found out, too, that 14' is "short", so he installed 15' cables...

What are the 110v outlets for? That's one thing I haven't thought about adding.

I built a 3ft deep 1' high casting deck with a 30X12X12 livewell and battery storage...added a Guest three bank charger. I'll post pictures when I get them organized! Bummer about the kicker. But they are defined as "a hole in the water into which you pour money!"

I really regret missing the rally...but I fished a tournament Sunday and finished fifth out of 34 boats...just "in the money" $400...($150 more than the entry fee) so, we almost covered expenses.

the 110 outlets are for the downriggers,they are 12v,makes it easier to remove them if i have to,just unplug them and unbolt them and away they go.there good since i am planning to put a spotlight on a plug so it can be plugged in for those mornings/nights of fishing.

putting this back together is a pain in the,well,get the point.moving the main motor controls forward 6" so the kicker controls are out of the way,well,at least i dont have to have them in gear to use reverse on the 90!

hey,anyone got an opinion on a 12-24v trolling motor,52"shaft,bow mount,seems i forgot to mention mine took a dump saturday,she is toast.turns hard,draws 1 battery down to 11v when on.it was on its way out,it is 8 yrs old,seen some hard use also.anyone deal with fosters on the bashfishing homepage?

later

Latest posts

Back