Having an awesome day today!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
I haven't had a day go this well in quite some time. I actually shouldn't even be writing about it, as I don't want to jinx myself... awww, what the heck - here goes:

1) Started out this morning by calling BASS to claim my winning prize in BASS Times. (Yeah, I know - scary huh? I thought all those names in BASS were made up, as I never heard of anyone or knew anyone that ever won... but I did!). Thought they might give me grief about it since it was in the May issue, and we are now in June, but nope - they are sending me my "Tackle Box" - and that's all they know about it. Cool. Looking forward to it, no matter what it is.

2) Got a call from Pops Marine today - my boat checks out perfectly fine. They changed my lower unit gear lube and did a complete check - everything apears, sounds, runs normal. It was recommended that I get my prop rehubbed, as it seems to be slipping a bit though.

3) Called my prop guy - he's available tomorrow. Just stop in and he will do it on the spot. Cool. Another bonus

4) Got my new trailer pole today (like the ones on the newer Bass Cat trailers) - friend of mine custom welded it up for me. Got the holes drilled in the trailer, and resprayed the new holes with fresh galvanizing paint (I have a galvanized trailer). Plan on mounting it up tomorrow.

5) Got home today and had some boxes sitting on my front porch. Some new rods and reels. Cool. Bonus.

6) It cooled down today.

7) I was eating Chinese food this afternoon, and broke open my fortune cookie. The message inside was so fitting for my life right now, it was almost scary.

8) Received my retirement flag, certificates, letters, etc... today (early), so that I can take them home with me next time I go to TX (July).

All the best,

Glenn

Yeah, pass some of that around! I could use a day like that. Seems like I have alot of days that are the exact opposite to that :wacko:

Good on you Glenn!! We could all use days like that. Enjoy it well.

Latest posts

Back