Guest Charger

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Toohey

Reaction score
I got a 10/5/10 GUEAST Charger from Santa, and I have know Idea where to mount it in my PT185.

There is no room anywhere...

Does anyone have a 3 bank Guest mounted on there Tracker, If so where did you mount it?

Thanks

Bill

A 3 bank charger on a PT185?

I had a 185. There might be room under the bench seat. If you can get the batteries out there might be room between them and the transom.

My two bank is on the inside of the transom behind the batteries...don't know about a three bank.

Dave, Three fit turned sideway. I think I have two group 27 for the TM & a smaller cranking battery. I'll shoot you a pic.

I have my onboard charger mounted in my front center storage box in my pro17 with my TM batteries.Then i run the wire back to the battery for the outboard motor,you will have to splice more wire to get all the way back there.

I'll appreciate the pic. I must have measured wrong because I thought I would hit the support brace for the transom. I'll see if I can get a pic of the charger if you like.

I have 3 batteries and a 3 bank guest on my PT 17. The batteries are all arranged snug and the charger is mounted on the driver side of the boat (still under the rear storage with the batteries). I have two of the larger batteries for trolling and a small battery for cranking.

Donnie

Hmmmm...kinda' makes me wonder whether the battery trays I just bought off Tritonglenn will all fit back there in my 185:blink:

Yeah...try replacing the livewell pump:angry:

That's why I put in a cartridge type....all good now.

Bill the batteries are right beside the gas tank in the empty space. I have them in the cheap trys, but they are laid out in a way that all fit. I couldn't find any other way to install the trays/batteries other than the configutration I have them in. I mounted the charger to the outside wall of the boat (drivers side). Very little heat going on back there. I was concerned at first and proped my back hatch open to vent a little air. Now I don't even bother. Hope this helps.

Donnie

Latest posts

Back