Good batteries but nothing works

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Weinstein

Reaction score
My 2016 Z21 has been on my 4 bank charger and is charged up, but nothing works. Motor is down so I can't return it to a shop who last replaced the connection to the batteries with an in-line fuse (I think that's how to describe it).

I took it in because my son got the wires mixed up when my charging battery was replaced in a West Marine parking lot. That apparently blew the in-line fuse.

I've never had any trouble with anything electronic until the battery was replaced. Does anyone know how to get my engine up so I can trailer it??? All my charger lights are green, so I assume it's the same problem again

My battery off switch was on; I tried 1, 2, and 1+2 with no power to anything. So my local shop showed me how to release the Merc 250 ProXS engine from the motorized lifter. I attached the diagram with the arrow pointing to the white plastic screw, Trouble is the engine was so heavy I had to rig a block and tackle to lift it enough to insert my traveling shaft. It's now in the shop.

Attachments

• Merc engine release 20230221.pdf
    23.9 KB · Views: 0
My 2016 Z21 has been on my 4 bank charger and is charged up, but nothing works. Motor is down so I can't return it to a shop who last replaced the connection to the batteries with an in-line fuse (I think that's how to describe it).

I took it in because my son got the wires mixed up when my charging battery was replaced in a West Marine parking lot. That apparently blew the in-line fuse.

I've never had any trouble with anything electronic until the battery was replaced. Does anyone know how to get my engine up so I can trailer it??? All my charger lights are green, so I assume it's the same problem again
Steve, the tilt and trim has a huge screw relief in the side of the mount. Biggest screw driver ya got, and thinking turn and hold , it will relieve the pressure you will create by lifting up the motor by hand.

Make sure the fuse which is the main one for the motor is under the engines cowling. It supply's voltage for everything for the motor, if you mix matched the wires when connecting the new battery it would blow that main fuse.

Latest posts

Back