GPS

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Ok here's the deal. Took the wife out in the boat this last weekend. Hook up the finder and switch it on on at the console. Everything is hunkey-dorey. Get about 100 yards from the dock and I get the "GPS Module Not Responding" crap. Turn it off and re-start, same thing. Checked the puck....like there's really anything you can check:lol::lol:, checked the wiring for the puck and everything was ok....sonar was working fine. So we go about our merry way, get back to the dock, put the boat on the lift and make the 1/2 mile walk back to the house. This is where it gets spooky. I go in the house and my direct TV has gone blank and there is a message on the screen that says "No Need To Call Us, We Are Experiencing Difficulties", so I sit down at the computer and my aircard can't get a signal???????????:eek: :eek::eek: I'm thinkin that's odd....everything that is connected via satellite is on the fritz:unsure::unsure: Anyway, my real question is how do I troubleshoot this problem if I go back out and get the same error. BTW it is on a Lowrance 332c. WAAS is not enabled.

TOXIC

I'm far from an expert on this but every time I've had a problem with GPS not responding it has been the power to the puck. Good luck on finding your problem and I'm sure someone else will have more information.

Might have been an issue with the satellites. You can check the GPS function while the boat is on the lift.

I had the same issue with my Dish Network this past Monday. A few weeks back, my dish flaked out and my cell phone and my GF's cell phone were having issues. I have Verizon, she has AT&T. A few minutes later, all was good. I don't have a landline phone anymore. If anyone really wanted to cripple me, knocking out the cell towers and jamming the satellites (GPS, TV, etc) would be a start.

Uh Tox, I know you work for the goberment, did you do something you shouldn't have and the NSA is messing with ya?? :)

No but I live really, really close to Jacksonville NAS and I get to wave to the HELO pilots all the time. They fly close enough that I can see them salute back:lol::lol: The whole creepy thing reminded me of Independence day with Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum, when the martians knocked out all of the sats.:lol::lol::lol: Remember me boys?.....I'm Baaaack" I would have thought that if it was the sats I would have gotten the "position lost" message. I'll try it again Sunday cause somebody clued me in to a fishy spot in Dr's Lake. Since it is right across from the house I can just hit the down switch on the lift and go, go, go!! Threw the cast net out last night just for grins and got some shrimp, baby redfish (man them dudes have sharp gill plates) and some kind of flat, forked tail, 3 spotted baitfish, that were swimming in schools. Looked like shad...with color!! Really smelly as well. :lol: I don't know my Florida fish yet!!:p

TOXIC

You may have simply been affected by something going on whereby they shut down all communication in the area (in effect throwing a blanket over it) - if you are that close to the NAS. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Tex

I'll know Sunday CIII, I have to go to a funeral tomorrow and will get out Sunday. Was going to go last night but there was 3 footers on the rivah and my mind was willing but my butt declined:lol::lol:

TOXIC

Way off in the distance Tox I think I see a couple of black helicopters...:rolleyes: You want me to bring down a tin foil hat for ya?:wacko: (Oh, and you need a chin strap for the hat)

If my GPS loses contact I let the voices in my head tell me where to go. :D:wacko::lol:

Yeah well I got the same message on the unit Sunday.....so I guess it is time to tear it apart and re-wire to see if something came un-done. I can't keep bungie cording my other unit to the console:p

TOXIC

If everything checks out wiring wise, it may be the puck. They do go bad. I've seen several that have just plum wore out or were mounted not entirely flat causing premature failure. Worse case scenario it's a fairly inexpensive and easy resurrection back to norm. Good luck! ;)

dude, you scare me....you would think of all the time we have hug togerher some of my analness would have worn off on ya! HAHAHAH

BTW if we use your truck to go to MI next spring PLEASE fix the heater balster HAHAHAHAH

It's a crap shoot whether it will blow cold or hot. I did figure out if it blows hot and you turn it up to 90 it will shut off:lol::lol::lol:

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back