GPS Module Not Responding Message--Help!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cass Caldwell2

Reaction score
Ok, so I had a LCX-20C on my boat which had a LGC-2000 GPS puck. I bought a LCX-28C to replace it and let Bass Pro do the install. When I turn on the unit I get the dreaded "GPS Module Not Responding" message.

I used the LCX-20 two days before I turned the boat into bass pro and the GPS worked fine. In my trouble shooting, I hooked the LCX-20 back up and it also gets that GPS not responding message.

Since it was good when I turned it in to them, I'm assuming they've wired something wrong. Does anyone have any suggestions on what may be the problem?

PS. I did buy the cable to make the LCX-28 compatiblie with a LGC-2000.

Thanks!

Not thinking correctly lately. See below for what I meant, but didn't say. :lol:

All the best,

Glenn

That error is usually related to no power for the NEMA network. You need to make sure that both fuses on the main power line are good. Next make sure that the NEMA power wires are hooked to switched power, if so, there might be an accessory switch that needs to be turned on for the network to get power. If that is all good, check all the T connectors for tightness. This included antenna to T and head unit to T. Also be sure the terminating resistors on the ends of your network are on tight. If all this checks out good, then you have a bad antenna. That is rare and since it worked before the new install, it's very likely one of the things I mentioned.

NoCAL

Latest posts

Back