My Day

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
So, I decide to get off my fat arse and get the boat out. Talked to Mini and he scolded me pretty good!!:lol::lol: It hit home when he said he would have to go cut a hole in the water:lol:...and was ready to do it. I needed to move my sonars around also. I had the HD5 on the bow and a 332c at the helm. Well, the antenna went out on the 332c and rather than buying another, I just wanted to move it to the bow, hook it up to the TM puck and have the internal antenna and actually better mapping which I need here because I can get lost in my backyard!!:p Well, I forgot that I drilled the center of the mount and then ran the wiring thorough....I had to untangle a mess of spaghetti. Uggg, I had to un-wire everything to get it out. Finally got that done, both work, so I went a spooled up about 5 rods, put my baits of choice together dropped the boat off the lift and ran across the river. Found what looked like some good fish around the bridge pilings, drop the TM and.....NOTHING:angry: :angry:WTH? Check the onboard fuses, fine....So I run back across the river, put the boat back on the lift, go get the tester and find I have power to the plug (pull the whole assembly off the panel)....Open the hatch, plug in the charger....3 green lights...Batteries should be fine....Go back upfront to check the pedal connections and when I hit the switch....TM runs fine. Well, great, my first stroke of luck....Drop the boat off the lift, unplug the charger, walk up front and just for grins, hit the TM switch and......nothing....:eek: Put the boat back on the lift, plug in the charger and it works...Another call to Mini:lol::lol::lol: Consensus is that my batteries are fried....I make the 150 yard trek to the house, get the 2-wheeler, un hook both the TM batteries, wheel them back to the house, load them into the truck, drive to the battery store, drive back, load them back on the 2-wheeler, trek back out the boat, re-install them, cross my fingers, walk upfront, hit the pedal and viola!! I got game!!:lol::lol: Drop the lift, put the boat in reverse and I CAN'T GET OFF THE FRICKIN LIFT:(:( Dead low tide and the water is not deep enough. :huh::wacko: I loaded all my gear on the 2-wheeler came back to the house, opened a new bottle of Jack and I am waiting for the game to start. What a day.

TOXIC

You gave up too soon. Dead low tide is the perfect time to get out there in a pair of shorts and t-shirt with a shovel and dig yourself out a ditch to the main channel so you can back your boat off no matter what.

I can't believe you gave up so easily. :lol:

I bet that Mini would have figured out a way to get out. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

All the best,

Glenn

P.S. In all seriousness - sorry about the streak of bad luck brother. Hope it gets better for you.

Look on the bright side. Your boat lift could still be hosed. :lol:

Have a good time this week. :cool: :D

Glenn has it right. If there is a will there is a way....I would bet I did more work dragging a shanty 3/4 mile one way in knee high snow and then hand augering through 15" of ice than you would have digging a path out for your Nitro...

Just sayin....

Geeze Tox, you live in Florida, have your boat with ya and don't fish! Whatcha waiting for, fishing spots handed to ya at the MVM?? :lol: :p :lol:

Tox...just think after that Chinese fire drill you are ready....new batteries, finders working, lift working, reels spooled, ya got some exercise, I'm sure you got the tide info...now go fish:D

Dig it out?:eek: Are you guys nuckin futz? I kinda mis spoke, the water is deep enough but the lift bunks were built for a deep v 30+ footer (dual motors) and at low tide with the cradle on the bottom, I don't have enough water under the bunks to get it off. Normally not a problem because the bunks angle up towards the front and if I load it correctly, I can power off the back. In my frustration and at high tide, I loaded the boat on the bunks too far forward, I am high centered!!:lol: To dig it out, I would have to dig the entire area under the lift and with the tide/current, I'm sure it would just fill back in. I got plenty of exercise getting the batteries on and off the boat because it sits so far from the dock. My old batteries had a single strap and the new ones have double straps which made it even harder. My back is good and stiff today. I'll shut up for fear of being accused of whining.

boat lift.jpg

TOXIC

Is that a good Virginia Wine or a Florida screw top WHINE??? You whine more than Rudy!

:lol::lol:

That wine come In a box Tox????????????:D

Bassboats dont belong on lifts anyway Tox....unless you make too much money and can afford marina gas....

Gunny,...it's clean, because he hasn't used it since he speared a wave in st.clair 3 years ago!! That washed all the funk out and it's been in VA or on that lift ever since!!

:p:lol:

Ha!! Even as nasty as that lake got, I never speared one. I just couldn't keep up with you and Mini.....but rain and sun will clean the inside out pretty quick!! The storms down here are something to behold. An afternoon shower will fill my bilge to the middle of the batteries!!

TOXIC

Is that front compartment open to let the baby pelicans feed?

Latest posts

Back