Got my new Z-6 home!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judgerr

Reaction score
Wanted the PR59 color. But it wasn't avalable in a 2011 model the way I wanted it. This color isn't available for 2012 either. Factory agreed to build one for me as a "custom" color for $200. It was the color I wanted so I agreed.

All I can say is what a Beutiful boat! Very happy with it. It is the first Nitro Boat ordered ordered from the new East Peoria Store! So far ia am happy with everything. But I have to say, "WHat a piece of crap the Motor toter is" that comes with the boat. I had to stop every 20 to 25 miles to straighten the motor. It keeps falling over.

The motor toter on my Procraft has kept the motor straight for 11 years. I borrowed it to go fill the tank when I got home. Will buy one for the Nitro.

I also discovered the Trailer tires say 65PSI however the spare says 50PSI?? What is up with that??

Anyhow I got it winterized now and put away till spring. Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks to all who rplied to my earier post about my doubts or fears!:)

Mine does the same thing. I use a "Bungee" cord, thru the wheel and around the seat, and hook it to the live well latch, works like a charm!! Even at high way speeds.

Nice looking boat, if were me I'd never make it to spring. I would have to hit the road heading south for a long weekend of fishing. You must have the patience of a saint.;)

Congrats... Very sharp color. I can see why you had it done.

Drove past that new store today. It sure looks nice, the parking lot was 80-90% full. Good luck with the boat.

Great looking boat mate, I trailer mine with the engine turned full lock to the right and tie a cord from the prop down to the trailer to stop it bouncing. Even in the photo's I can see your spare has a better tire than the one's on trailer, that would be why the different psi.

One thing I have changed lately is I have put a small safety chain from the winch post to the eye on the boat. The original safety strap is attached to the winch strap end so if it breaks, you lose the lot!

I was going to buy PR59 but my wife talked me into PR56 instead. That dual console looks great. Did you upgrade to hydraulic steering?

Great looking rig....color is super....just bring it down to N Fl and we will break it in and get it dirty then detail it....:rolleyes:

No I didn't get the Hyd. steering. But I did get the Dual Rack and Pinion steering. That worked well for me for the past 11 years on the Procraft. I thought it would be good enough.

As for the tires. That is weird. the two on the boat were made the 45th week of 2010, the spare was made the 17th week of 2010. The spare says inflate to 50PSI, the tires on the trailer say inflate to 65PSI?? I suspect due to the tire failures, they determined the pressure was to low!

Wish I could bring it down to Florida:D I guess I will be doing a lot of drooling till spring.

As for the motor toter, I am going to buy one like the one on the Procraft. I would take it, but then my son would need one. He is taking over the Procraft.

Thanks again for all replys. I will probably be asking more questions in the spring once I get to run it and all.:unsure:

Just looked to see you are from LaSalle, IL. I fish the Illinois quite often and some of the cooling lakes. Have to look each other up in the Spring.

I don't know if you have a woman in your life or not But I bet if you do she will be saying.... " Are you out there rubbing your hands down the rails again?" LMAO!!

Congrats! Nothing like a new boat.

If you can wait to fish that long you should be great at swimbaiting ; )

Hey Greg, I'm afraid I don't fish around here much at all. Have a seasonal camp site at Lake Shelbyville. We do our fishing there.

Don I do have a woman in my life. I am very lucky. She is my best friend, fishing buddy etc. She is almost as excited about the boat as I am.

She is a peach, she let me drag her all over the country on a motorcycle, and is really quite a good Bass fisherman, or is it fisherwoman? Anyhow we are both excited for spring!:cool:

Latest posts

Back