Got me some BPS Respect

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
Last week I received a letter from Bass Pro informing me that I had become a Bass Pro "Most Important Customer" (be still my beating heart) and as such I will be eligible for special benifits such as being invited to the Spring Classic Sale the night before it starts. I'm just wondering if it's such a big deal or not. I'm sure I'll make it down to the sale but do I want to spend my Friday evening at BPS? .... and face the questions from my wife?....OR worse run the risk of my wife wanting to go along because "there's nothing better to do"? I just can't relax and enjoy buying stuff with my wife looking over my shoulder saying crap like, "Why are you buying another fishing rod??? you've already got three (if she only knew the truth)" or ten minutes after we get there saying, "I just don't like their clothes here....are you ready to go?"

Have any of you guys ever been to one of these "preferred members only" sales? Is it worth driving all the way downtown on Friday night... or is it going to be just as wonderful Monday? How about the platinum Preffered Rewards Card, any big advantage to that?

Harpo

I got that mailing too, Harpo. I'd be interested to hear the opinions of others, and how many people got the invitation.

I have The Preffered card, this is the first year that they are having the friday night sell, So there is know way of knowing if it is worth it. But I will be finding out next friday night..:D

There is suppose to be sell dates were card holders get double reward points, monthly merchindise give aways. The catch with this card is to keep it you must spend a minimum of $1,000 a year to be eligable...that I did not tell my Wife:lol:

$1,000 a year is only $83.33 a month or $19.23 a week or ONLY $2.74 a day....I can defiantly do that!!!

Seriously, I do like their knit polo type shirts for around 20 bucks I'll buy a few long sleeve twill shirts when it starts to get cold. I'll buy a couple of pair of jeans probably a pair or two of shoes a sweater or two and perhaps a windbreaker... don't forget to buy a blouse or sweater and gloves for your wife for Mothers Day and her birthday....and you're half way there with out ever walking into the fishing or gun dept.

Don't forget to give your card to your wife and kids when they shop for your birthday and Christmas.

Harpo

Holy crap! $1,000/year?? Nobody tell my wife as I got the invite too!! Must mean I spent $1k plus at the BPS last year - ooohhh I'm in trouble!!!!!! :p:p

Yup. I got mine?? First time.. My buddy Randy went last year or the year before (CRS) and they had Jimmy houston and Woo Daves there to tell stories in a special area. If it was closer I would go. But from home on a Friday it's like two hours down, so I will pass.

BF

I'll go for you Bruce... I got that mailing also Harpo but I have never seen anything about $1,000. a year because I have NEVER spent anywhere near that. Darn, I guess I have to go to this thing now.. Just where did I put that mailing.Hmmmmm...

Uncle Billy

1k each year to get the perks, if your lucky. thanks, but no thanks.

mike

Yep read the fine print on the letter the sent to you about the prefered customer, I know I spent that last year most on my lms 332-c....lol

yep, I rec'd the mailing also. Read it, tossed it in the trash can. I don't get there or order on-line enough for the "benefits".

I got one of those this year (about 2 weeks ago or so). I haven't been back up to the store since the offer arrived. Not sure that I'll be able to get to the 'event' before hand either.

We got the sale flyer this week. When I got to looking closely at it, I didn't find all that many 'real deals' that excited me at all. Case in point:

I've considered changing out my older 'loud' trolling motor for several years now. I compared all of the 'on sale' trolling motor prices, to the recent Cabelas catalog pricing in there Marine catalog. The Cabelas standard pricing for both Minnn Kota and Motorguide was lower than the sale price at BPS. Obviously you would have to pay for shipping, but still . . . .

I just didn't see anything that would prompt me to go early this year. Having said that, we usually get another flyer with the '1st/2nd' day limited supply specials. Haven't seen that one as yet.

Tex

This stuff is funny.....got me laughing early today...thanks, Kenny

Sooner the only real benefit will be getting the chance to get some of the limited quanties stuff before the major crowds on the weekend. The store will be open to everybody that Friday night, just not everybody knows that the sales will start on Friday night instead of Saturday. But even if you do not get a special card you still get the same sales and discount as the person that gets the inviation. We have already had our Spring Classic in Houston and that how it was. No real special treatment.

The opening Friday of Spring Classic has many special deals that are not in the sale flyer. They used to call it a "midnight madness" sale. Although it didn't happen at midnight, there was some real madness. For instance, a couple years ago I was hanging around the boat dept. and the receiving guys roll out a couple pallets full of KVD signature series soft side tackle boxes. The PA comes on and they announce the bags, normally priced $59.99, for the next 30 minutes, only $19.99. Luckily I was standing right there and grabbed 2. There was a stampeed. It looked like a flock of buzzards on a fresh carcass. Those pallets were empty in just a few minutes. So, if you're into surprise bargians, the Friday event is pretty cool. I'll be there.

Craig

Wonder if the price for my Nitro would add towards the $1,000 a year. At that rate I am good for at least the next 30 years as a preferred customer. LOL

Looks like we all got the respect. And I thought I was special. I'm with you Bruce, to far from Hooterville. Takes 4 hours on the Cannonball.

Kinda like a girl I used to know that loved only me...and Joe...and Bill....and David...and Scott...and Ralph....and Jerry.......;)

I am curious, is everybody that got the Preferred Member card a regular customer or at least made a large purchase in the last year?

It's right on my daily drive so I stop in there fairly regularly to BS with BJ and like I said I do like their clothes and stuff.

Harpo

Sooner, you been cleaning the bathrooms at BPS again. I thought we had gotten past the problem! :lol::lol:

I got the same card and now my wife insists we go tonight. She has plans to buy 2 more rood/reel combos. She already has 8 or 9....says she needs more for senko fishing. She is also the one who talked me into the 929 last year. Does anyone know how to stop this madness?

RW

RW how much do want for that woman?? I've got some cash and a trade-in that likes to mow and take care of the checking account.

;)Harpo

Does everyone who received the preferred card also own a BPS Rewards card?

If so, the $1,000 a year isn't limited to BassPro purchases; any charge you make on the credit card counts. I use mine as a business credit card and put all my airline tickets, rental cars, hotel rooms and meals on it. I know I didn't buy $1,000 worth of stuff at Bass Pro, but I sure did buy a grand worth of stuff and services at other places.

Just curious if that's the missing link in all of this.

Mine isn't a credit card but I have had a Rewards Card for seveal years.

Harpo

Bill in VA - I tried that in 2000 when I bought my Tracker, I handed them my Outdoor Rewards card and my Delta Mileage credit card and said "put the $10k" on these!!! Nope, no credit cards for the boat and they didn't take the outdoor rewards card :-(

Trep

Latest posts

Back