Buying New Boat, Some Questions. 2016 Tracker 195txw

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason G

Reaction score
Hi All and Thanks

I seen the new 2016 tracker Pro Team 195 TXW.. 98" Beam 18'7"

The "default" motor is a 150 FourStroke..

what do you all recommend as far as 2- Stroke vs 4-Stroke

Also the Tracker Catalogue, I believe has a typo of course on the motor and speed portion I was very interested in. It shows
150HP 4 stroke - 41-44
150HP 2 Stroke - 48-64
115HP 4-Stroke- 42-46

so its showing the 115 going faster than the 150 and both are 4 strokes??

I am coming from a 25HP Pro Team 175, So not afraid to just have a 115 instead of the 150 if it saves me $ every month.

My other question is in regards to the Powerpoles/Talons

Seems Powerpoles are a little cheaper but I wonder about my fishing partner in the back having limited room to cast etc if I was to install either, especially the talons..

In regards to that, if I only purchased ONE powerpole and had bass pro install it, will this do the job for that size and weight boat or is 2 a MUST as to not want to be "spinning in circles" with only one being deployed??

THANK YOU in advance for any input!

I have had both and the 2 stroke by far was better. hole shot and fuel was better also maintenance and not to say the weight difference however the 2 stroke is a lot louder and you have the oil tank in the boat. i think the 115 would be a pig and would won't be happy by the time you load the boat up with everything fuel ,live well , tackle , power pole, and add a person it adds up. as far as power pole verses talon, the talon is heaver and it's in the way all the time. and 1 verses 2 yes 2 however 1 is not so bad if you are up front just have to kick the trolling motor a little to stay where you need to be. i only have one on my Z 8.
good luck

Hi All and Thanks

Also the Tracker Catalogue, I believe has a typo of course on the motor and speed portion I was very interested in. It shows
150HP 4 stroke - 41-44
150HP 2 Stroke - 48-64
115HP 4-Stroke- 42-46

I am coming from a 25HP Pro Team 175, So not afraid to just have a 115 instead of the 150 if it saves me $ every month.

Seems Powerpoles are a little cheaper but I wonder about my fishing partner in the back having limited room to cast etc if I was to install either, especially the talons..

In regards to that, if I only purchased ONE powerpole and had bass pro install it, will this do the job for that size and weight boat or is 2 a MUST as to not want to be "spinning in circles" with only one being deployed??

Hi All and Thanks

150HP 4 stroke - 41-44
150HP 2 Stroke - 48-64
115HP 4-Stroke- 42-46

We have been selling quite a few of these boats. The rod locker and livewell alone are reasons to own one, but the comfort and performance are outstanding. This boat was designed around the 150 4 stroke, and I have not seen one with anything but that engine. There is no place to install the oil tank for an Opti, and a 115 would not make use of that great hull. Go with the 150 and you will have an outstanding ride.

Latest posts

Back