Good Mornin' NTOWS - Sunday

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. Looking at the low 80's and scattered thunderstorms today. If the humidity is as bad as yesterday it's going to be hot. Nancy and I visited relatives yesterday for a birthday celebration and we sat outside and ate hard crabs, hot dogs, burgers and sweet corn and darn if it didn't get HOT! The crabs were good though so I didn't care. I did have to leave early because I forgot to take any pills with me and I paid for the all night.

I watched some of the X-Games which I don't normally do. One of the participants is Travis Pastrana. He lives about 5 miles from me and was on my mail route. I have known his parents and **gulp** grandparents for quite a while. I had to cheer him on and darn if he didn't win a gold medal again. Those guys are more than a little nuts with what they do on those motorcycles.

I put some coffee on so help yourself.

Everyone have a great and safe day.

PS...Sully, I "brought" you over to this Good Mornin'..:)

Uncle Billy

Good morning

Glad you enjoyed yourself Bill. We're gonna try to get the boat wet after church if I feel up to it.

JDJ

Mornin', Uncle Billy!

Yeah..... I was out doin' a bit of fishin' yesterday. I thought it was supposed to be nice - but that humidity was just too much. It's supposed to be the same today only a bit warmer. Think I'll go to the Brickyard - via my couch! :) I don't know how those drivers handle the heat..... Go #20!!

Good morning Bill, JDJ, Sully and everyone else. One hour to go and I'm off for three days:D:D!!!

Steve

Good Morning

Have to be at Bass Pro at 8 to get some packet of info for a test I have to take and sit through a one hour orientation thing about this test.

Then Its a typical Sunday, I'll go to church, when I come home I have a few baits to put together for a local tackle company.

BJ

Morning Bill and all - BEST morning fishing for bass i've had this summer! Started off terrible with loosing 2 of my only Mini Me spinnerbaits with the line snapping on cast. Then a school of fish comes up around me and NO one takes any of my baits. Its 7am after an hour on the water, i'm thinking I need to go back to bed!!

Then I remembered what Dan J told me when I was looking to fish a club T, he said "go with your confidence baits and fish like you KNOW there are fish!!"

Well, ran down lake a bit to a cove i'd NEVER gotten bit in, but looked good and the 2nd cast BAM a nice 14inch spot takes my white shallow crank bait (i've had more fish this year on this lure then any other), and w/in 15 mins in that same cove I took 3 more bass, so from that one cove I had 3 keepers and 1 dink. Next cove brought another keeper! FOUR Keeper bass in my livewell!! MAN I Felt like a KING! Didn't get any more the next hour before comming home, but MAN made my morning!!!

Thanks Bill!

Michael..... I have never had a lure break off on a cast that I can remember..... It sounds to me like you've got either a knot or line problem...... I assume that you're using a good line. When you tie the knot, are you lubricating it with saliva before you sinch it down?

me!

Morning all!

Trep - When you get into surface schools like you had and the bite is real finicky, chunk that spoon we were jigging in the winter time right out into the middle of the school. As soon as it hits the water, engage your reel and hold on. That spoon will flutter down at less than a foot per second, imitating a small, dying threadfin. (Currently the largest hatch/easy food source in our area.) After a 10 count start "Yo-Yo-ing" the spoon back to you by lifting your rod tip sharply, then slowly reeling up the slack while lowering it. When it gets heavy, pop your wrist once and then reel, reel, reel! You'll need to keep reeling at a fast/frantic pace as many times the fish will be coming towards you with their afterburners on. It's a producer this time of year, even when it gets hit 100 or more yards out! (LOL!) Good luck!!

morning all a little late today was on golf course at 7 am didnt do good didnt do bad every body have agood one

JD

Staci - it might have been the line, both times were on the same reel, spooled from Diawa/BPS with 10lb test, its a fancy spincast reel I am going to use for Pike in Canada. I was trying to figure which rod was best suited to it. I have now completely unspooled it, bought new line today and will re-spool.

Dan J - Thanks for the hint on the jigging spoon, from talking to others it was probably a school of whites/hybrid/stripers, so now I know how to get them. And thanks again for the "confidence" bait tip, its been a LONG time since i've boated 4 keepers in an hour, let alone 4 fish from the same small pocket!!

Trep

Latest posts

Back