Good Mornin' and More

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
Good Mornin' Y'all... I sure don't know how today can beat the 77 degrees we had here yesterday.:rolleyes:

Well, this past week I've had my 7th. and 8th. M.R.I.'s, one with contrast, along with a couple of something this and something that scans, one with dye and one without and then my all time favorite, another spinal tap.. Good grief I feel like one great big needle insertion factory and I'm starting to glow from the radiation.:( Anyway, the Doctors all said they'd talk to me this coming week but I can actually feel the hard news, and the news that I heard from one nurse who has been in on everything is that my back is as good as it's ever going to get and I should just get used to the narcotics that have been alleviating my pain. Granted, she's a nurse and maybe she heard wrong and the Docs will tell me different, but I have a tendency to believe her. Hopefully they will tell me different and I'll find out about Wednesday or Thursday this coming week what they all have to say about it.

Right this minute I am at the point where I'm hoping beyond hope that they say they can try 'one more thing' and then all will be well.:( That's unrealistic I know and I am super depressed that this is it! My poor old boat hasn't seen the water in two years and now it looks like I might have to sell it. I have gear that hasn't even seen the water that I bought on-line in the last couple of years trying to save my sanity while I couldn't fish.

Ok, I'll wait until next week to listen to what they all have to say.

Anyway, all of you have a great and safe Saturday!!

Uncle Billy

Uncle Billy,

May you find the peace you need to deal with things.

Remember, God will never give us more than we can handle, but he will give us the ability to handle whatever comes our way.

Good morning :wacko: God bless us all & prayers sent your way UB.

Well said Mr.Neeley ;)

Uncle Billy, my prayers are with you. Ken said it best. I hope everything gets better for you.

Bubby:)

I'm sorry for your pain, Bill. I know some of what you're feeling. My mother ruptured 3 discs while working in a defense plant during WWII. She suffered something awful. I remember her being "down with her back" for days at a time. As far as I know she didn't have any pain relief more than aspirin. Of course medical science was in the dark ages then, compared to what we have today.

Here's positive vibes for some good news next week.:)

Keeep your fingers crosed Unc! More prayers on the way from here!

Tim

Thanks all... I guess I'm just feeling sorry for myself.:( I'll wait until next week to see what they all have to say and maybe we can plan something then. It's not a matter of the pain but of the loss of equilibrium and dizziness that has me concerned about being in a boat. That's why I won't go alone anymore, and I used to love that, or fish from a casting platform. Anyway, thanks again and I'll let you all know..

Uncle Billy

Bill,

I am hoping and praying that there are still some thigs to do to improve your situation. But, if there aren't have you thought about a tri=toon or a deck boat. My friend, a disabled firefighter has a real nice towable tri-toon that he can launch and retrieve alone because he has a very powerful electric winch with a wirels remote. If you want some details let me know.

Unca Billy - Just getting on the board this morning so didn't see your post until now. Good luck with the diagnosis and my thoughts and prayers will be with you and Nancy. You ALWAYS have a spot on my boat so whenever you want to go fishing just grab Bruce and come on up. Maybe we can have the next Not-So-Memorial Invitational outing at your place and we can all come and visit you! Keep the faith!

Latest posts

Back