Good bye BPS

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
Last Sunday I turned in my 2 weeks notice to Bass Pro Shop Council Bluffs. :( I opened the store in 2005 and it's a tuff call on my part. I will concentrate on getting my Dad's estate disposed of and an occassional subsitute teaching gig. I guess I'm really retired now. Look out South Dakota walleyes!!

fatrap

It's nice to be retired. I've been retired for almost a year now. You'll always find something to do. It's nice to be able to do what you want to when you want to. Have fun and relax!

Barry from La. :)

Great for you. I have been retired two years now and never bored. I will be fishing during the week when there is not many on the lakes. Hope everything goes ok with you dads estate.

Uh Oh...dem' eyes don't stand a chance!:lol:

Good Luck Mike on your sceond retirement:cool:

Way to go 'Rap......you deserve some R&R after a lifes work.......ENJOY!!:wub:

The two best things about being retired are you get to sleep till your done and you check your calander and it's clear that month.

I'm simi retired from BPS, been on pace since the store opened.

You will enjoy.

Great news overall. I'm sure that it is bittersweet, but the road is in front of you. Only thing I think is better than fresh caught (and fried) Crappie - is fresh Walleye! Go get em!

Tex

Thanks everyone. Tox "Tuna Boat?" that hurt.:) Last day is May 31. They told me I could come back when I get things resolved. Subsitute taught today and miss those kids more than I though too. lots of things coming at me Anyway I'd like to hook up with some of you all. I guess were planning a early Fall trip to Savana GA then renting a car and driving to Florida and see my old homies. Anyone live that direction? The DC area may be on the menu next Summer or Fall too. Probably need to see the wall and WWII memorial.

fatrap

The first three years I was retired it was great,then I got bored and went back to work,retired again after a year,it felt just as good the second time,congrats.good luck.

Latest posts

Back