Updates And Questions.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
Wow
I don't know if anyone even comes to this board anymore. I just figured I'd drop in and see what if anything is happening.
I still have my Tundra. Upgrades include hydraulic steering, another set of tires, New tarp and a freshly welding folding tongue on the trailer. Last year was a bust for fishing due to some personal issues. One cool thing that did happen last year is the carpet in the cockpit area rotted away, shredded and blew away on the home for South Dakota. The guy who did the new marine carpet(amazing job $900) retrieved all my hatch latches, non locking bolts and screws I didn't even have places to put and what appears to be the remnants of a can of chew. I know have the original compartment hatch/latches etc reinstalled with red loc tight. He also replaced the center rod holder hatch carpet last week and did the same excellent work.
Unfortunately fishing for walleyes in South Dakota has been awful where I go at Pickstown. The fishing in SW Iowa is practically non existant except in the vomit green colored water in the little state parks. Been tough for much of anything.
I do have a question that some of you may or may not know the answer to. As my Tracker Tundra nears the end of its 10th season I find it almost impossible to get any feed back on how this hull has held up on other boats out there in walleye world or else where. Any feedback would be appreciated. So far mine is still dry and doing well but I have a place on the hull(bow) that appears to have a ripple in the metal above and below the weld. I can't remember if it was there all along and I was to preoccupied with other issues to notice it. The Marina in Pickstown that preformed an emergency waterpumpectomy on my Mercury 150 this spring said he seen "that **** all the time on aluminum boats." Do sweat it. But I do.
Anyway I'm going to plan on dropping by on this site more often. I'm usually hanging out at Walleye Central.
fatrap aka
Mike Grandick

Nice to see you back. Our spring was rain/flash flood and wait for the debris to settle and rain flash/food, repeat and then the heat. Our fishing has been slow.

Fishing more than slow here wish I knew what's happening. People are saying the flood of 2011 wreck the system. As mentioned on a quest to find long term owners running the Tracker Tundra hull. All I have received is very negative hearsay rumors from Lund and Ranger owners. Any help would be great. Ko

Latest posts

Back