Pleasant Warranty Experience....BPS Chattanooga, TN

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottydi

Reaction score
I have read many threads on this forum regarding warranty issues with tracker boats, and I thought I would share the pleasant experience that I had with Bass Pro Shops in Chattanooga, TN this week. I purchased my 2018 Tracker Pro Guide V 185 WT used in 2020, and have not had any issues up until recently. I store my boat in a slip at a marina near my house, and when I went to take it out a couple of weeks ago I noticed it was listing to the starboard side. I pulled the boat out of the water, and took it to my house where I started looking into the issue. When I removed the starboard 1/3 of the floor, I found that the compartment was completely full of water, and the foam was very mushy. I tried to located where this area should drain to the bilge, and could not find any drains. I figured out the issue was over my head, so I called BPS in Chattanooga and made an appointment for 10 days after my call. When I took the boat in, I expected to be told that I didnt have a warranty because I had purchased the boat second hand. The representative at Bass Pro looked up the boat, and determined that the warranty was intact. They called me three days after I dropped the boat off and told me that they had found that the issue was a manufacturing issue, that the factory had not installed any drains in the starboard side of the boat. They had removed all of the old foam, added drains, replaced the foam with new foam, and that the boat was ready to be picked up. I was very surprised at the speed and quality of the work performed.

The water got into the floor through the seat openings and through the seams where the floor sections meet. The boat is typically stored under the cover in the slip, or when it is at my house it is under a cover. I had the boat pulled from the water by the local marina where it is docked for winter maintenance, my guess would be that it sat in their maintenance yard during one of the lovely Alabama monsoons that we have had here recently.

Good to hear of a positive experience at a BPS marine service center. I am very happy with the one in Tampa Fl. I've stopped at the BPS store in Chattanooga many times enroute to CHL and DHL Tn, Nice Place.

I think most of the people having warranty issues with their boats are not having problems with Bass Pro and Tracker Marine service centers. It's with the boat manufactures not wanting to fix the defects. Tracker marine service centers can only fix the defects under warranty that the manufactures authorize them to do.

Latest posts

Back