Going to KY. Lake tomorow

• Thread starter Terry Hutchison
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Hutchison

Reaction score
I guess since I'm home recovering from surgery and my boy isn't doing anything, we're going to drive over to KY Lake in the morning and maybe stay a couple days. As long as we don't go blasting across the waves in my gut buster (Pro 17) I should be OK and not damage myself. Will put in at Sportsman's Marina on Jonathan Creek probably. It's where we're most familiar with for crappie. Anyone think we should go somewhere else on the lake. We're not ace fishermen since we rarely get to go. Hutch

I can tell you from the one time I was there last year..... Just look for where everone else is! There will be hundreds of crappie fishermen all over the good spots!

Enjoy!

Catch some slabs!

Eat a few while you're at it!

Be safe!

DON'T bust a gut!

me!

I've been fishing KY Lake occasionally (maybe once or twice a year) for probably 30 years and it used to be a lot worse than it is now for crowds. In Jonathan Creek you could almost walk across on the boats, and that's not much of an exaggeration. If things were slow and you caught a fish you tried to be quiet about it and slide it in over the side of the boat hoping that no one would see you. If they did they would swarm your spot. It may still be that way later in the spring. I usually go pretty early. Hutch

I was at the Rally on KY Lake last year and saw something I'd never seen before. Bass boats with two seats up front real close to the bow, side by side. Me and my partner thought them was a bunch of real "friendly" boys LOL. However we found out later the boats were special rigged to troll for crappie. Never seen anything like it since.

Latest posts

Back