All Inclusive Resorts around KY lake??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Gang - My wife's family is planning this reunion again in 2 years. Since the James Family is from the Land Between the lakes area (I believe way before there was a KY Lake), they are talking about having it in that area.

I know the Moors is a great fishing resort, but this crew wants an all inclusive place that the price includes:

- All meals

- Horse back riding

- pool or beach

- snack bar/place

- Formal "program" for the little tykes that can be "checked-in" when the adults go riding or such

I've done some preliminary web-searches and most seem to be basic cabin/resorts with horse back riding as an option off site. I have a personal stake in this as i'm NOT a horse back kind of guy, and if we can find a place that also has a marina/ramp I can take my boat and take the kids/adults fishing as another activity.

But, as I said, this crew like a fixed price (plus tip) for not having to worry about shopping, cooking, paying for every meal.

Any ideas?

Trep

Trep -

Check out Kentucky Dam Village State Resort. It's been there for a while and I believe it can satisfy all your needs. I've been there many times in my youth and enjoyed it. Good luck!

http://www.state.ky.us/agencies/parks/kydam2.htm

Michael -

Not that I drove around a lot in the area, but I don't remember seeing anything like horseback riding when I've been down there. But that may just be the area around the lake that the Moors is in; it is so congested that you'd have a hard time finding trails. Other areas are much more open.

Try calling Shirley and see if they can do such a thing. 800-626-5472. They have al the other elements you listed.....

Or..... She might be able to refer you to a resort that can meet your needs.

me!

Dan - Thanks buddy, i'll look into it.

Tox - I know, but 1/2 of her side of the family are big into the all inclusive thing. Which is why we've been a real ranch up in Colorado, and a "resort" ranch in WI. Me, i'd just book us all cabins at the Moors, rent a few boats and fish for a week! But that is NOT what this group does.

Staci - I've done some research and there are a lot of horse riding places on the land between the lakes, just haven't found one yet that is a sleep over/cabin type-place.

Thanks guys!!

Any one else ideas?

OHHHH, Joe, Forgot about the "dry" county thing in the state parks! I'll just make sure our family stocks up first!!!

I have an idea Michael.. I'l leave Nancy and my "kids" home, and you leave Becca and your kids home and you and I will have a great time fishing:)

PS, don't you dare tell Becca I said this..

Bill

Trep-

Green Turtle Bay on Barkley would be another one to check out...that's where we rent our houseboats...they have quite a spread...not sure if 'all inclusive' is an option...

az

Bill - you KNOW i'd get killed if I even MENTIONED hanging out with a fishing buddie during a "family reunion"!! LOL

Andy -Thanks, we'll add that to our list and see what the relatives think. I'm just excited about the idea of NOT having to fly with 2 kids, carseats and stuff!!!

Trep

Trep,

Go down to your local clothing store for men and try on a pair of those things that look like your legs would fit in.....they're called pants!!!! Then go home and show your wife......LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just razzin' ya Trep!!

Bob G.

Bob - OWWWW that was LOW!!! Now if I didn't have my Coulots on right now....!!! LOL

Trep

Sorry Trep....you make it to easy sometimes to have some fun with ya! It's all in jest!!

Bob G.

I know you're just yanking my chain Bob, good to see you jump in there!!!

trep

Latest posts

Back