Giving back to Rich Stern.....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
He has given us so very much.....

I'm at a loss.....

How do we do it?

I'd like to.....

I'm sure others would.....

But I have no idea as to what is practical.....

me?????

In my opinion what I think Rich wants is for people to treat one another with respect and all will be ok.

Here's one way you can give back: Don't start threads like this one.

I appreciate the thought, but I DO NOT want anything. My idea of success for this site is for it to run smoothly without obligation or undue attention.

Okay...let him borrow Ken's French Maid outfit... LOL

Hand him a Glock 40, a couple of full clips, and a target.

That is always a good way to take the edge off.

Been shooting lately Rich?

Wolf

OK who or what should be on the Target??

No No....thats not the point.

Put a big watermelon out there and let er rip!

Its therapeutic...LOL

Wolf

Can even be a real short watermelon.... (I am so sorry... I just can't help myself...) But, it should be an "old" watermelon... (Oh I am so bad!) Forgive...please...I have run amuck... LOL

well, the watermelon would have to be dressed like a cantelope...

Hey sounds like the comedian Galagher!!

Hang around, Chris!

Ya never know what you're gonna learn!!

LOL!!

Been discovering the joys of handloaded .38 spl wadcutter. Sweet!

No Glocks here...not a fan. Sorry Glock lovers.

WHAT???????????

You don't like Glocks?????????

Blasphemy....I'm leaving!!!!

J/K...you'd have to pry this keyboard from my kung-fu grip to get me away.

What are you shooting those wadcutters through?

Rich...

Wanna have some close range fun... Load up a few lighter loads with the wad cutter upside down... fill the base with bullet lube and shoot a watermelon or plastic milk jug filled with water... That is some "hollow point"... Not much for real social use because they are too soft but they are fun to play with...

Greg....I've done that!!!

I like to put food coloring in the waterjugs...makes it look purdier!!!

Rich,

I was not going to weigh in here but the wad cutter one got me going. You know that it is not really needed to clsoe shop, right? We can "mostly" police ourselves I think. But, as with anything else we can get out of hand :) Thanks for the good web site, anyway....

wad cutters are a fun thing!!! good stress reliever!!

Carlos

Rossi model 851, stainless, 4" barrel.

I'll try the backwards wadcutters on my next outdoor range trip. I was gonna do water ballons, but the milk jugs sound fun!

And yes, I did hit the indoor range yesterday to blow off some steam.

What in the word is a "wadcutter"??? to the non-shooting guy over here!!

Trep,

A wadcutter is a type of bullet that, when fired, cuts a clean, circular hole in a paper target. It makes the visual identification of your point of impact easier to determine. Because of it's design, it would pretty well shatter a watermellon or milk jug full of liquid, while retaining very little residual energy as it comes out the other side.

Picture a micro coffee-can being fired from a pistol.

If I remember to take the digital camera home, I'll pull one from a cartridge and take a picture to post.

Believe me... As dramatic as they are normally... when you load them upside down and have the cavity filled with grease and ten pop a soft object... oh man... mini nuclear explosion...

Rich,

One of my little fella's is a Rossi M88....nice little wheel gun.

I didn't know you were an enthusiast. I'm a handgun instructer, and own several dozen!!!

Ken, it's a new hobby for me, both shooting and reloading.

I was talking with an instructor last week, we were talking about Rossi, he was telling me that some of the most reliable guns they have had on the range have been Rossi made. Not a huge following in N. America, but they've been making guns for longer than all but a few American companies. They aren't Colt Pythons by any stretch, but they work well.

Next time we get together, maybe we can find a local range for some pointers? I know I could use the help!

Greg, I was just thinking of some other objects that might go splat really well. Yogurt or pudding in those little, foil sealed cups; have to remember to save those next time after the expiration date goes by.

I like the Rossi's....I bought my mom one a few years ago too.

Always glad to give a few pointers, and then a game of 3-card Pisser after!!!

2 liter pop bottles almost full of water... And for whatever reason... bowling pins are still my favorite big bore pistol target... I love to watch them fall and spin... (I think it has to do with a frustration I had at regular bowling)... THen, the commercially available swinging plates or animals for .22s are loads of fun.... For a challenge try lifesavers tied on string at 25 yds... Takes concentration with a .22 because it has to be an edge shot or at least not perfectly head on... (wish I could still shoot that well,,,LOL)

And y'all talk about me taking a thread in a whole new direction :)

How about Seadoos and Jetskis? What kind of noise do they make when you pop 'em with a wad cutter?

Harpo

Have any of you ever tried those exploding targets you can get at gun shows? They are the best!!! Nothing like lining em up and blasting away, screw the pistols, these are best when used with assault rifles. You know, you could probably make little Jetski models and mount them to them. Now there is some stress relief. And Bill yes, be scared, be very, very scared. LOL

.....i guess we're gonna have to check sidearms at the door before the next 3 card pisser game..... {sigh}

How about instead of money, we give Rich a gift of Neeley's on-board tool kit? :)

Hey Snow how about just giving NEELEY to Rich for the weekend!!!LOL

How would that be useful? We're trying to be NICE to Rich, not cause him more grief :)

Latest posts

Back