Get ready for those PETA morons to attack...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So,

As Slick Willy said; next time I hook a toad... I'll just say; "I feel your pain".

PETA is a bunch of hipocrites looking for something to cry about. Next time they smush a bug maybe they'll hear it scream. Idiots

I caught the same rock bass three times within an hour on Sunday.It had crawfish claws,and antenna sticking out of its throat, and a black spot on it's side.Apparently the hooks don't hurt them too bad.

How many times have you seen a fish come unhooked and turn to grab the lure again(especially smallies)

Those people are morons.

Just my $.02

I think they are confusing response to an irritation (like itching) to be pain.

They specifically injected TOXINS (bee stings are poison, right?) and things that cause swelling (another reactive thing) and watched the reaction of the fish. No doubt they reacted funny.

The question is, is how long after the affects of the test did the fish return to normal behaviour?

If it was true pain, they would never eat again. Like others have mentioned, fish eat sharp things all the time.

Tell a PETA person to check the sharpness of a catfishs fins, or the pinchers on a crawfish, the fins on a bluegill, etc....

Fish in aquariums can be conditioned. I have a 220 Gallon that I just set up. Caught several varieties of sunfish and a couple (trep size 3") of spotted bass.

WIthin a day or two I have ALL of the fish eating from my hands, nightcrawlers, aquarium flake food, etc... And no K&B needed.

Another true test for pain is the reaction... you dont pull against pain. watch a bull, put a ring in its nose and you can pull it anywhere. Put a hook in a fish, and it pulls awayf from you.

Blast them PETA people.

Beyond that, so what if fish feel pain? That doesnt make it unethical to fish for them.

They can take my fishing pole when they pry it from my cold dead fingers!

OK those of you sqeemish ones, don't read on...

So What I Want to KNOW is...

While these PETA folks are spending time and lots of someone's $$ to take up the cause of the poor helpless bottom of the foodchain what are they doing about??

- The snake that EATS a mouse WHOLE and allows it's digestive acid to SLOWLY eataway at the mouse till it dies and is digested??

- The barn owl who SWOOPED down into my fish pond and ATE WHOLE the white gold fish (by the way my wife is PISSED at that owl!!!)

- The homeless, un-employed, mentaly ill, psychopathic killers???

- Oh wait what about my 3 yearold who LOVES (it kills Beka to watch) to SQUISH bugs!!!

Huh, Huh???? Come on, do fish feel pain? Don't know don't care!!! Somebody up there created the foodchain for a reason! Whether we eat them or play with them its OUR CHOICE!!! If they don't like it let THEM live in the middle of the jungle and eat NOTHING. Cause if hey eat a plant or root their taking SOME other animal's food away!!! ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Now back to your regularly scheduled program...

okay they have there rights to complain, but like earlier posted who cares, I eat red meat, I step on spiders, If they made a nice pair of fur boxers for the tree stand or early spring day I might buy a pair ( just think rob fur thongs died pink for your snow dance) but silk long johns work well (poor worms lol). and so what if fish feel some sort of pain, I release most of them (few crappie for the oil) and have recaught some so it cant be that bad or they wouldnt come back for more.

I feel pain too!!!! Evertime that I hook Shamoo and she throws the hook......OHHHHH THE PAIN!!!!!

TEE

I'm sure that hamburger I ate last night felt some pain before it got to my plate. Same with the bbQ'ed chicken. Pain is a fact of life. Get used to it. I am a carnivore. If my meat is not provided via the local grocery store, I will go kill it myself. They can gripe all they want. It's their choice to eat vegetable matter, it's mine to eat meat.

TOXIC

Some poeple have to much time on their hands. Maybe PETA can figure out how to feed all the starving kids in the world without pain.

The solution is simple don't let a bee sting your fish or let vinegar drip into it's mouth while your unhooking it and putting it back into the water.

fatrap

hey I saw a post on the bps forum that totally eluded me, they said the study proved the fisherman right basically, the fish that where injected with saline did not feel any adverse affects, ie the needle is steel our hook is steel and I dont use bee venom for bait thus the hook without venom or acid does not affect them. lol there study has back fired.

Latest posts

Back