Lithium LifeP04 battery question?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year when in a market to purchase a 24-volt lithium battery, I was strongly considering Dakota Lithium. The main reason for not doing so was the difficulty in finding the details of their "11-year" warranty. Every page is plastered with 11-Year warranty, yet it is very difficult to find the details. Once arriving at the details, I thought the 11-year warranty period was a bit exaggerated based on my assumptions of what an 11-year warranty implies. The actual free replacement period is severely limited and not what I would consider best in class.

They may offer a great battery but didn't like the lack of transparency behind the warranty. The run around expressed above is replicated in other boards. They do offer a large variety of batteries to please the boating community and sponsor a number of events, which is good in a different aspect.

I hope the OP's issue is resolved fairly and quickly.

If purchased using credit card, it might be worth investigating what perks may help limit out of pocket expenses in this situation. Some CC offer great consumer protection.

Many batteries are starting to be offered with heating and bluetooth capabilities built in. BT makes it easy to monitor what is going on with battery far greater than voltage alone. Heating can be beneficial for those in colder climates and allowing to charge to take place when temperatures are below freezing.

I shipped the battery back today. We shall see how Dakota handles it.

Thanks for the CC tip, I hadn't thought about that idea.

Lithium Hub (Ionic)will send packaging, and a label for a defective battery. That's 1 of the reasons I went with Ionic. Another reason is they're less that 2 hours away from me. I haven't had any problems with my 3 batteries so I can't comment on how their customer service really is. They've always answered my questions quickly, both before and after buying batteries from them.

I've heard horror stories about Dakota, but it's just stuff I've heard on the web. I'm sure there's horror stories about most companies.

I too have Ionic batteries, seem to care and answered all my questions… good product.

It appears Dakota pays attention to customer reviews.

I posted a trust pilot review with a blurb about my experience with Dakota, and gave them a 3 star review. The CEO Andrew A. Jay must've read it because he apparently forwarded a cut and paste of my dissertation to the customer service rep that was corresponding with me. I actually find that impressive.

Dakota is now shipping the missing terminal bolts for one of my batteries. The CEO response must've prompted a re-read of what was going on with my purchase.

They've also indicated they would pay for my shipping cost of returning the possible defective battery.

Other than still not saying why they wanted the battery back; it appears they became a heck of a lot more responsive.

Gee, that was quick and easy.

It appears Dakota pays attention to customer reviews.

I posted a trust pilot review with a blurb about my experience with Dakota, and gave them a 3 star review. The CEO Andrew A. Jay must've read it because he apparently forwarded a cut and paste of my dissertation to the customer service rep that was corresponding with me. I actually find that impressive.

Dakota is now shipping the missing terminal bolts for one of my batteries. The CEO response must've prompted a re-read of what was going on with my purchase.

They've also indicated they would pay for my shipping cost of returning the possible defective battery.

Other than still not saying why they wanted the battery back; it appears they became a heck of a lot more responsive.

Gee, that was quick and easy.
Looks like seeing a negative post online isn’t very appreciated, lit a fire under someone’s butt. Glad to hear things are working out for you.

Finally got everything squared away. I received another 12v 54AH battery yesterday to replace the one Dakota asked me to return. I let it come up to shop temperature for 24 hrs. The replacement battery took the initial charge and settle right in at 13.8v. Right in line with the battery it will be paired with.

It took about a month, but it looks like Dakota got me squared away.

Glad it worked out for you in the end.
I’m going to be interested in learning how the starter batteries hold up over time.

OH GEEZE!!!

Dakota sent a second replacement battery!! (it showed up today via UPS). I sent them an email, letting them know they sent me too many batteries, asking them if they wanted the extra one back.

They responded immediately that they would pay for the return shipping and apologized for the mistake. They didn't mean to send an extra.

I hope this is the end of my battery drama.

You can't make this stuff up.

Your one honest man. Nice to see Dakota responded immediately and didn’t leave you stuck with a extra battery.😂

Latest posts

Back