First snafu...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob G.

Reaction score
Ok boys and girls, I went fishing today without my kids (they had to go to school) and had my first mishap while launching my boat. This is my third season with this boat and everything has been pretty smooth.

So, I get everything ready except for removing the transom saver. I unhooked the bungee and then went on to something else. I floated the boat off of the trailer and tied it up. Then I remembered that I never took it off. Now I can't find it! I looked around in the water and could not see it. So I go fishing anyways and catch four smallies. I then remembered that I had extra clothes and shorts in the truck. So when I got back, I went for a swim at the ramp and finally found the transom saver!! What an idiot!! At least I didn't have to buy another one!! Whats next? The plug, the boat buckles, the winch, the chain, gas, oil, grubs, jigs or my UGLY STIK!!!!

Bob G.

Bob - You are a better man then I (I would have used it as an excuse to drive to BPS!!!), and GREAT job on rescue of the transom saver!!

I dropped my Eagle mounting bracket overboard 2 weeks ago. Luckily the Eagle didn't follow.................sa

Trep,

As long as there wasn't any ice forming yet.. The closest BPS to drive to is either Michigan or Maryland. It might be a tossup. I could have driven to metro Burlington area for a new one, but it would have cut into my goof off time. I also didn't want to trailer it home without it - 20 miles. It would probably have been ok anyways.

Bob G.

Rick:

I'd guess you forgot to unhook the winch or transom tie downs or both.

Bear

Steve, Eagles float. Not that I know 1st hand mind you, I've heard! Ya right! But they do float.

Rick,

You forget to tie the other end of the rope to something?....

Mike

Bob, to bad Jennifer wasn't with you, she would have remembered the transom saver and she would have out fished you..LOL Take care..

Buzz,

I have to fish by myself so she can't outfish me! But I'm also proud that she likes to fish as much as I do!

Bob G.

Latest posts

Back