First outing with new boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Troy

Reaction score
Had the new boat (Tracker Targa V-18 Combo)out for the first time today, finally. Everything went very well. Had four of us on the boat and put just about 2.25 hours on the motor towards break in. I was surprised with the power the Mercury Optimax 150XL has. Not trimmed completely correct, the boats speedo had us at 45mph just under full throttle. When we were done for the day due to in coming rain, I trailord the boat and pulled the drain plug and not a drop of water came out. That made me happy. Can't wait to get out again and complete the break in period.

Not wanting to ask a dumb question, but what does it mean when when you pull the drain plug and water comes out? Does it mean that you're doing something wrong? Please advise... Thanks...

That depends on how it got in and then how much came out. If you know 100% it was dry before you put the boat in the water, a small amount ( a cup full) is nothing to worry about. If it's a bucket full, you need to start looking at how it got in.

Common places are any bolts thru the boat, live well hoses,the drain plug fitting etc then of course, more sinister causes like holes or cracks.

When I take my kids out they like to anchor and swim; jumping off the boat and climbing back in to do it all over again. You would be surprised how much water comes out of that drain plug at the end of the day from dripping kids. I bet two gallons if it's an ounce.

Oh, and Sean,congrats on that new rig. I'm glad she is performing well for you right out of the box.

Latest posts

Back