Fall....Already????

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
Hey All...

Took my son on our annual fishing trip this last weekend...

We normally head up to northern Michigan somewhere and chase after bass and pike.

Did pretty well this year...many 'football' bass (fat like footballs!) and quite a few pike...

Water temps were 64-66...

Had to get our last 'trip' in as he starts 8th grade today!

The surprise was the FROST on the boat cover both Saturday and Sunday mornings!!! 34 degrees Saturday morning!!!

My Goodness! We weren't 'that' far north! (Big Rapids area---about an hour north of Grand Rapids)...

Wake up call for me...Fall is on the way!!!

az

AZ,

Wake up call for me too! This morning it was in the 50's by me, makes me want to get out there and fish more before it's too late. Before you know it it will be mid September.

CJL

Okay, guys - What would you expect the low temps to be during the Mini-Rally in mid-September? If I'm camping out in the back of my truck, I need to know whether to bring salamander to keep me warm ;-).

SevenPin

SevenPin - who or WHAT is Salamander?

Trep - Congrats, you got my name right this time ;-)

I thought it was one of those propane heaters that looks alot like big cigar and you aim the opening in the general vicinity of what you want heated. At least that's what I called them, they may have a different name elsewhere.

SP

I have heard them called salamanders as well, but I think the official name is space heaters. But maybe they are two different types of heaters?

I think the salamanders is used to heat up specific objects like a diesal engine block.

Ken and I went up to camp Neeley this weekend. We fished Burt and Mullet on Friday and we never took our 100mph suits off. It was 43 degrees when we launched. It got down in the 30's every night while we were there.

I know what you mean. Yesterday my Air conditioning started cycling again, gone are the days of the constantly running the A/C. Soon my elec bill will reach a level where i can fish more. Ahhhh Fall.

48 here in southern Maine this am....water temps low 70's.....been a real good summer...never even had to put the a/c units in the windows. Don't get much better than that. Bass should start feeding soon. Can't wait. Almost have 1300 for the season!!!

Andy, I was in Ontario last week and water temps were 67-72

and air temp from low 50's - low/mid 70's. Blanket weather at night. It was the first time I was up there in mid-August and it felt like fall.

Anybody else notice the leaves are starting to drop? When I mowed Sunday I was thinking?? It's not even Sept yet let alone Oct? They are not turning yet but they are falling not sure if it's the cold spells or the wet summer?? Either way I like the cool nights and getting the boat ready for Wed my day off this week.

BF

The leaves are turning here and some have dropped already. I'm ok if all of the leaves drop before October....that means that the grass will stop growing too!!!

Bob G.

Ditto, and then all I need is one of those super windy days, and just like magic all the leaves are gone?

But Gene---

Were're that much closer to B.A.S.S. University!

LOL

az