48 hours 34 minutes till VACATION!!!

• Thread starter Michael Trepper [URL]http://www.nestorfalls.com/[/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
At 8:50am on Saturday morning I leave Atlanta for International Falls, MN where my Brother-in-Law picks me up for the short drive to Nestor Falls, Ontario! We leave at 8am on Sunday morning in the float plane for a 200 mile flight into our outpost lake! 8 days/7 nights fishing for Walleye and Pike- MAN I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Got my bags packed and just have a few last minute items for carry on bag. I wish I had some of my Walleye fishing video's on DVD so I could watch them on the plane. But will have to live with the Matrix and the Animatrix (just bought it for the trip).

Gonna try to hook up with ChampioN176 on Saturday afternoon/evening if I can swing a car from my brother-in-law. Got a HUGE load of work today and tomorrow to complete up before Vacation, so may not post much till I get back on Monday August 25th.

Here is a link to the outpost company we use. One of the great things about this place (besides great customer service and great fishing) is the outpost cabins ALL have hot/cold running WATER!! Solar power for lights. Propane for fridge, hot water heater and backup lights. Very nice and up-to-date cabins and furniture.
http://www.nestorfalls.com/

Hey Trep...have a great time...make sure you bring some intense bug spray...the mosquitos in MN are horrific and even worse in the northland of Canada...

I remember a cable tv infomercial about muskie fishing in Canada...the angler was standing in less than knee deep water...you could see maybe 20 muskies lounging about within 50' of her

remember pics

Sounds like a dream trip to me, TrepMan! Have a great time, be careful, and take pictures!

Steve - Got my Deep Woods OFF packed. We usualy go early Sept and the weather has cooled enough to keep the flies and mosquitos away, but I do see the heat this time.

MO - digital camera is in the bag with extra batteries!

Well.....

All I can say is.....

"You Lucky Dog!"

Champion176, Michael is quite a character! You guys are gonna have a blast!

me!

You had better bring back some pic's with you holding up fish! And leave that JarJar hat at HOME!

Have a great time Michael. Travel safe.

Tex

Have a great trip... While you're out driving stop by Chicago.. I'll have to "buy" (don't brew) you a beer... But, we have some intyeresting local ones... LOL If you can't make it, I'll just drink one for you.

Trep,

Good luck on your fishing trip. We'll know why you quit posting if you come back skunked!!

Bob G.

Looking forward to meeting with you Trep...got those samples all packed up!

Okay, but is it a REAL digital camera, or that grainy pen-like thing? (LOL!)

...<i>continues busting TrepMan's chops</i>....

Because we want DETAILS, DETAILS, <b><u>DETAILS</b></u>, man!

Greg - Flying thru Minneapolis to International Fall, don't have enough vacation days to do the drive. So have one for me!

MO - It is my .5 megapixel camera which is ONLY grainy if there is low sun light. Wife doesn't let me take the good one up north incase it gets dropped in the lake!! I'll take some other 35 mil camera too just incase.

Gotta run a meeting for a few hours to get some work out the door for tomorrow.

Champ - I'll ring your Cell phone after lunch on Sat after i've conferred with my in-laws and convinced them the free STUFF is worth meeting a great guy over diner!

Trep, don't drink all your brew!!!!

Save some for Sept. 20th.

Above all else, have a safe trip.

Richard - Can't ship bottled up north, so the home brew stays in the house and HOPE my Mother-in-Law doesnt' drink them all!! I know my wife doesn't like beer and my sister-in-laws is nursing so no beer for her! (who along with her 2 boys and my Mother-in-law are flying in on Sunday to spend a week with Beka and my boys while i'm out)

We did increase our pre-flown-in beer supplies this year to 6 cases for 5 people: 1 who does not drink at all, 2 older guys who drink a few beers a day, and my brother and I get the rest! Bad news is he's 300lbs so if we have left overs i don't think I can fight him for it!!

Flying into International Falls, geeeez, the last time I was up that far north (ok, it's been a couple of years or so...lets see, my son is 30...), ok, it's been thirty years since I was in da Falls...the only airport had a pair of wheel tracks in Swen's wheat field...probably changed a bit since then...and I heard they finally got electricity... it's also a great place to test DieHard batteries

have fun

Steve - I can believe "a great place to test DieHard batteries" in the WINTER!!!

It has power/electricity but you still walk out on the tarmac to the planes. No resturant/bar but they do have AirConditioning!!

Latest posts

Back