Disney

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Walls

Reaction score
Going to Orlando in June for the volleyball national championships for my daughter. After the tourney my wife will be taking the kids to Disney for two days. She suggested I go to the Disney lake(s) and get a guide for one of the days. Anyone ever use a guide there and can recommend a good one?

Randy!

My family and I were at Disney in October. My father-in-law and I used a guide outside of Disney named Bill Whipple. His website is: laketohotackle.com Had a great time and caught plenty of big bass, even caught a 4 1/2 ft. alligator gar. You can have him pick you up at your resort and take you back. Price was very reasonable.

Eric

With bait, transportation, and about 5-6 hours of fishing it was about $325-$350. This was $150 cheaper than fishing inside Disney. The bait ran about $20/dozen for big shiners. Hope this helps.

Eric

Randy,

I have fished with Capt Bill a handfull of times. He is a great guide and a world of info for the surrounding area lakes. If you have the time have him guide you on Toho and Hatchinia. We landed some really nice spots on both of those lakes (both are connected by channels).

Good luck.

GregD

Great to see two good comments about him.

Thanks guys!

Randy!

i Refered him to Eric a few months back. I have fished with him a few times and brought my son along. he spent quite a bit of time making sure he was having a good time. He also made sure he caught most of the fish.

I would use and recomend him with out any hesitation.

GregD

If you're staying on WDW property, they'll let you fish the adjacent lakes from the bank. All you need is a FL license and a little bit of gear. A pack of worms and a rod will keep you as busy as you could want. The Disney guide trips are a bit pricey solo, but more reasonable if you're thinking of taking the family. Then they get more affordable for the experience. (Up to 6 people for a few hours, a couple hundred bucks!) We frequent WDW often (just returned a week ago) and the staff will gladly accomodate your fishing desires. You just need to tell them what you have in mind. I've attached a link with a direct line (scroll to bottom) and encourage you to call and get more info. The place is a hatchery and full of bass!! Good luck! ;)
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/fishing/

Latest posts

Back