DALE HOLLOW INFO.....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Tosello

Reaction score
Hi Everyone !!!!!

Its been a long time since I've been on the site and I'm glad to see that Rich still has it up and running to perfection. Living here in Chicagoland can take its toll on you in the winter and we're ready to spend a week or two fishing somewhere... A buddy and I are Thinking about a trip to Dale Hollow but its been about 10 years since I've been there, so it'll be new to me all over again. We are planning on the 21st to the 29th of March.

My friend and I have been best buddies for over 20 years and I try to take him someplace new as often as I can. He has had a very rough life being orphaned as a child and has no family left. Recently, he has gone thru some life threatening medical issues and his spirits arent as high as they once were.. I'm planning this trip to fit his vacation days and am hoping to really have a good time. So I am looking for every advantage that I can find to make this trip as fun and successful as possible, if for any other reason... just to get his mind off of everyday life for i little while.

My questions are... Is this a good time of year for Dale Hollow, what kind of weather to expect, temps/air and water, which techniques would you try this time of year, and which baits do you think will get the best results??? Things like that...

Thanks in advance for any info or input you can offer...

Mike

Hey Matt...

If you don't get the Dale Hollow trip put together... Some of us are looking to do an Indiana lake in Mid April. (Corey, me and some others...)

Is your friend the same guy who did Kentucky Lake with you a few years back?

Hi Greg.... Nice to see you again

No, That was Scott,a different friend.... This guy ( Al ) & I have fished together locally alot and have gone on many trips together... Unforunately, I dont know how many more chances he will have to tag along with me.

Anyway, what lakes in Indiana are you guys considering? The economy has not had much of an effect on my masonry business, so I really cant commit to anything more than my already scheduled tournaments in the Illini div for the BFL. But things can change in the blink of an eye.. So as the time gets near, make sure you post it and I'll see if I can make it. I had a good time at KY Lake, have been there many times since..

Take care,

Mike

End of March can be tricky but, with adjustments to your plans...you can smack some real big girls IF Mother Nature is nice to ya'.

First....if you have just a few warm days in a row it can be great due to them moving UP to try to spawn. If you have serious fronts...it can be difficult on high blue bird skies. Just slow down and go out to the first drop on the flats and switch to slow trolling shiners or set on points and fish UPHILL with soft plastics or a blade bait.

We should be down there around the end of March/April timeframe so feel free to e-mail me on some areas. Where do plan on stayin'....lower end or upper around Celina?

You also need a Hotspots or similar map so I can give you some numbers;)

Best lake barnone IMHO for late March/April timefrime.

It's also due to give up something BIG soon:cool:

TEE..

Thanks for your response and input. I was considering Cedar Hill Resort down near the Dam, but I'm still searching for something similiar a little further north that may have the same accomidations. I like places where we can cook our own meals and not have to do much running around for fuel and groceries. I already have a Hotspots map for the lake and have that region covered on my GPS. We plan on watching the weather a few days before we leave and have not ruled out goin to another lake if alot of cold or rain is forecasted for northern TN... Guntersville, Bull Shoals, Lake Fork, Falcon, ect.... But we sure do look forward to a crack at some nice smallies if the weather allows us a fighting chance.

Thanks for sharing!!! Thats the kinda of info I am looking for... Anyone else??? :D

Mike

I am leaving Sat for a few days on Lake Fork in Texas. We have an unpaid "furlough" at my company for all salary so I am looking at it as an extra vacation week so headed down looking for the 10+ lb fish once again. I will be camping to minimze the expense and quite frankly am really looking forward to getting away for a few days.I went about 5 years ago and caught some nice ones, but not the monster I was looking for. I have learned more techniques which will work better so hopefully this is the trip. sounds like the lake is starting to heat up with thier warm weather in the 70's. I think they have at least one Share Lunker bass(13+ lbs) recorded a few weeks ago. If I hit them big I will let you know how/where in case you head there in a few weeks.

Mat...get ahold of Horsecreek Boat Dock, sounds like the place you need to stay.

Also go over to Smalljaw.com where I and all the other Brownfish Freaks hang out and get all the up to date info you need my friend.

e-mail me anytime:cool:

Latest posts

Back