New owner of a 2019 Nitro Z18 from Massachusetts

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serranoo

Reaction score
I recently acquired a 2019 Nitro Z18 and am eager to learn everything about it. As a first-time boat owner, it's exciting and overwhelming not to know much about the Z18. The deal was too good to pass up, especially since I initially had my eye on a Ranger RT188P but stumbled upon this boat on Facebook Marketplace. I purchased the boat for $28K in cash, without any electronics except for the trolling motor. The previous owner bought it at the end of 2019 but couldn't use it throughout 2020 due to the Covid situation. In the past three years, the boat has only been taken out four times, and the motor has 9.4 hours on it. It's in impeccable condition.

I am leaning towards the humminbird helix if I can find them at a good price. I just purchased raptor poles for a great price from walmart.com. I saved almost $500 on them so I couldn’t pass them up. The Next purchase will be a jack plate most likely a hydraulic.

Transfer the warranty to your name, there is a recall for an air intake bezel on Mercury V6 and V8s currently and
there was a recall on a bearing on the V8s, not sure if the V6's had this recall.

Even though it does not have 100 hours on it, keep an eye out for the water pump and spark plugs, I changed mine out at 100 hours, not that it needed it done, but it was also 3 years old. What a performance difference it was on the spark plugs.

Get vessel view, a great tool to have for a peace of mind.

Definitely get a hydrolic jack plate. Makes a difference on so many levels.

The Bobs hydrolic 10" that came on mine when I ordered it, didnt come with a dash gage, which I thought was odd. I ordered one from Bobs and installed where the Volt guage was in the console. So, if you buy one make sure you get a guage with it... 😁

Agree with Andrebass, Vessel view is assume as well.

The "bezels" are a recall because people are sticking their fingers in the air slots on the cowling.
The covers you get are grey not black! And who is sticking their fingers in there? I wont be installing, save'em for the next guy..... lol.

The "bezels" are a recall because people are sticking their fingers in the air slots on the cowling.
The covers you get are grey not black! And who is sticking their fingers in there? I wont be installing, save'em for the next guy..... lol.

Totally agree with you, Never even thought about sticking my finger in there for any reason. Not sure why this happened or what the scenario was that caused someone to put their finger in there, unless a kid did it by accident. I wonder how much air flow they reduce by installing them. I ordered a set and thought about painting them black.

Latest posts

Back