Comming un-glued

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGCBAG

Reaction score
My work keeps me busy 7 days a week all summer through about november, so why when I finally get some free time to fish on the weekends it's either raining or 25mph winds.I don't mind fishing in the rain, but when highs are only in the 30's it can be pretty rough in a boat.Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me. I just would like to get out a couple more times before the ice comes creeping in.Just can't seem to winterize my boat when there is still open water! Thanks for taking time to read my rant...Feeling better now;)

It was snowing here at lunch so no fishing for me either!!!!!!!!

Randy!

I've been wondering the same thing myself. Blowing like crazy all weekend long, but come Monday the wind didn't blow at all. I'm thinking it is a conspiracy theory against me.

Nope. You aren't alone. I could have one weekend a month available to hunt or fish and it will either rain, wind blow like crazy, wife have "plans" that she forgot to mention, son will have a Scouting event pop up (which I try to never miss), etc....

Such is life. Join the club brother.

:lol:

All the best,

Glenn

u sure are not alone!!!! I sit all week hoping that the wife doesn't have too much school work to do or that I can get off the weekend, like you said don't mind the rain, the wind is ok if it is coming out of the south or east but it always blows like crazy out of the north or norhtwest on Dale Hollow. AAAAAAAh so hang in there we will get better days Lord willing.;)

When I was guiding on a regular basis the only time we would cancel is at the ramp. I remember driving through a hurricane, boat in tow so that I could cancel at the ramp. Of course I waited until it passed and fished:lol: Weather, short of dangerous conditions, is never a concern. If you have the right clothing you can pretty much fish through anything. That's why the back seat of my truck looks like an apartment. You can't wear it if you ain't got it!! I really like the foul weather for fishing the best. My saying has always been "you can't fight Mother Nature, you have to work with her". It makes you a better fisherman and some of my best days have been in the worst weather.

TOXIC

Toxic,you now have me fired up! Gonna cancel work today,head to the shop,pick up my boat and hit a small lake about a half mile up the road from my shop. Of course I'll have to explain to my guys that they're going fishing instead of working...don't think they will fight it too much,it will be a small treat for them.We really should take more time for the little things like this.It always brings us a little closer together and boosts morale.:D

I hate getting wet, so I just sit back and pout.......LOL. Going to a softball tourny this weekend to benefit "toys for tots". Still nursing a ripped calf muscle from 7 weeks ago. It's going to be cold, and I don't care.....bring it.

Brought this up @ the HB seminar last night. Bought my 998SI mid-October and I've used it once. Now the retail Christmas season on us, travelling to two stores, so it's after the first of the year before I'll have a chance to use it again. Maybe I can go sit in the boat on Sunday evening and run the demo mode!!!:D:D

If your not fishing crappy days at Dale Hollow...your missing some of the best fishing;)

The big ones come out when we don't ;). I don't mind, I'm going anyway :)

I feel lucky because here near the gulf coast where I fish, I have bayous that I can get into where the wind has little affect on my boat or me. But I do hate fishing in heavy wind when you can't get out of it............

Latest posts

Back