G'ville July 17-18, Eli and I are going

• Thread starter Michael Trepper
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
OK just booked a room for Fri/Sat at Creekstone in Mud Creek Fri/Sat night July 16-17. Last free weekend Eli and I have before school starts. So we'll head up Friday noon, and fish Fri evening, all day Saturday and Sunday morning.

If anyone is coming up to fish that weekend, let me know, we'll have dinner or something.

Justin - Lets talk the week before, if Nickajack is still on fire, we could hit it Sunday early am till lunchtime on our way back.

Also, anyone who's up there recently or next week/so, PM me with any ideas. I never found any shellbeds but did find schoolies and some matted fish, realize 4 weeks later they will all be on different areas, but just want Eli to have fun catching fish on a new lake. This will be his first overnight 'away' fishing trip with Dad.

Trep

I'm trying to get up there and show ya'll some (honey holes) pending my new prop comes in!!!!!

Trep, According to (http://www.bbcboards.net/zerothread?id=558975) they are starting to weed kill areas in Lake G. May want to stay advised, for your upcoming trip

Dennis

OK, less then 1 week till Eli's first fishing trip to the Big G! Its also his first 'away' fishing trip ever! We're leaving Fri noon, should be on the water by 3-4pm Friday for some afternoon/evening fishing!

Anyone who's gonna be in the area let me know, Eli and I have dinner Fri and Saturday nights free, as well as he always looks forward to meeting guys from the site.

Rods are rigged with 30-60lb test, new rod/reels for him (and me :) ), just gotta survive 4.5 days of work!

Kacee - Email me or PM me on T-mike's site, i'll have the same 'travel' cell phone with me that works on G'ville. Did you get your new prop? if you need to borrow/buy one, i've got a brand new 24p Trophy Plus i can make you a deal on including the Merc hub kit.

Trep

Trep we fished Nickajack yesterday and caught about 25 in 6 hours. We're still catching them in and right on the edge of the grass. They were all around 2.5 lbs with a few pushing 3lbs. We caught most of them on a texas rigged worm and a few on a crank bait.

Justin - Drop me an email, you guys going out on Nickajack on Sunday? Eli and I could meet you or we could fish the south end of G'ville. I think some of it will depend on how we do Saturday AM, if we slam them Saturday AM on decent sized fish, we'll want to try again Sun, if the fishing is slow for us, we might want to hit Nickajack, but would need a 'guide' to show us where to launch/fish :)

Trep

Latest posts

Back