Eli and I in G'ville Mar 29-31

• Thread starter Michael Trepper
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Gang - Well now that I have a boat, its ROAD TRIP time!!

Eli and I will be heading up to Guntersville Friday afternoon March 29, staying 2 nights at the Creekstone Lodge on the north end, and driving back on Sunday afternoon.

Anyone who is up in the area that weekend drop me an email, I'll shoot you my new cell phone, and see if we can hook up!

Heck if anyone wants to make it a NTOWS rally, come on down! Eli still hasen't broken the 5lb mark, so that's my goal for the trip!!

Also, any tips for the end of March on G'ville? From what I'm reading a lot depends on the warming trends, but grass should be below the surface so rattle traps, buzzbaits, jerkbaits, spinnerbaits... and the like ticked over the grass? Other ideas? Already got the heavy rods spooled up with braid, and raring to go!!

Trep

Doug - I expect a DETAILED report with GPS coordinates and first names of all the fish you catch, tell them were coming and we'll let them ALL go after pictures!!! LOL

Enjoy, i haven't been to G'ville in 2.5 years, looking forward to it!

Trep Man, Looks like you are on track for Guntersville this time of year. Just don't forget to check those ledges close to spawning flats for any staging fish. I will be on Guntersville March 30 fishing a local club tournament out of South Sauty, so hopefully they'll be hungry that weekend.

Mini - which A-rig, I've seen one down south that was a popR with a fly tired 10 inches behind, and now guys calling A-rig what looks like a mini umbrella rig??

trep, I believe he was referring to the umbrella looking rig. Gone for two years and all the new/old fishing fads are new again. Hope you haven't forgot to fish. Isn't there a saying in your old homeland, "give a man a fish....teach a man to fish......" We'll see what you have learned. Hope to see ya at the big G

Dennis in Al

Hey Kenny -

When do I get to go out on your new/old boat? Jack says you're fun to fish with -- except for your constantly lying and bragging about fish you didn't catch, or that your eyes are bigger than your fish. Oh yeah, and that you use cheap line. But...thats just Jack.

I will be there April 6th thru the 13th staying down on big spring creek with 19 friends . this will be our 10th year down there, Eli should be able to get him a 6lber. I caught a 9.3lb 2 years ago the first of April on a spinnerbait. Frogs over andy matted grass work well this time of year. Don't neglect flipping boat docks with jigs. A Lot of folks get hung up on trying to fish the grass flats and there are a lot of bass that are still hanging around the docks.

Less then a week, boat is ready, rods all rigged with braided line, new fish finders all installed and tested, tackle all ready (Thanks TOX!!!), if you end up on Guntersville that weekend on the North end, and see a while with black/red accidents fish/ski, come say hello to Eli and I!

Can NOT WAIT!

Trep

Not a problem Trep, just post back on here what worked and who made it!!:lol: Most of all, you and Eli stay safe and have fun.

I'll be fishing with Trep and Eli. Friday PM, Sat and Sun AM. Weather doesn't look to good. Low 30's for overnight lows. Plus 20% chance of rain. I'll have a open back seat if someone wants to tag along and face the weather with me.

Dennis in Al

we're going to tear them up Dennis!! gotta get Eli that first 5lber!! looking forward to seeing you Friday when we arrive!!

Good luck fellas! I'll keep you in mind while offshore of St. Augustine starting tomorrow and hoping you're tearing them up! :D

T-4 hours to lift off!! OH YEAH!! Gonna be a bit wet in the afternoon tomorrow and Sunday, Eli said "who cares, we fish in the rain as long as no lightning!!!"

Latest posts

Back