Carlos

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Carlos,

Anytime that works for you is ok with me. Better get your x-mas shopping done because if I can get my poop-in-a-group, you will be cleaning some fish. I refuse to let Germantown Lake make a fool out of me!! I have taken too many Crappie out of there for that to happen. I have NEVER been skunked on that lake before!! Something must have been totally messed up for them to shut off like that. I would wait till spring to hit Lake Curtis, it is fairly shallow and I would assume the bass shut down pretty solid in the winter (uniform cold water), they will turn on earlier in the spring though (I'd be more than happy to give it a try if that is where you want to go). You also need to get a city permit for Lake Pellham. We could go there and fill 4 or 5 buckets of Crappie and White Perch. 225 acres of trolling motor only lake. Some nice bass but chuck full of perch and crappie. Its sister lake (same permit) is Mountain Run Lake which is about 5 miles down the road. It's one of my secret lakes....nobody fishes it. It's 80 acres with about 4 areas that hold bass. I can go out in an afternoon and pull 10-15 bass without a problem. Now you know why I'm doing the seminar on "Northern Virginia's Small Lakes", I've been hopping around on these small waters for 10 years. Also you might want to try the Rappahanock River headwaters (on foot) or the Shennandoah for smallies. I can certainly fill up your fishing dance card!! And are you ever lucky, my fishing partner moved to Florida so when I'm not guiding, I'm fishing solo.....You give me the day and the lake and I'll be there. Just remember, when we go in the little boat, you've got to gear down (without launching) or we'll sink!!LOL.

TOXIC

Tox,

Will do!!! Look forward to trying out the small lakes around here. I may also try to hit Anna cold side, while on leave also. Will look for you out of Sturgeon creek.

I may have a hook up for the warm side of Anna also. Should I pursue that? May have to cash in a few favors is all.

yeah, it's worth going over there if you can get access. Water stays at 55 degrees all winter. Let me know if you want to go on a Crappie hunt!! I have got to go back out to that lake!!

TOXIC

I am free until I end leave for any day. Let me know when it is good for you to go out. Only thing on the horizon is my son and I may go hunting in Alabama for a couple of days after Christmas.

Let me know when ya want to play though and I will be there!!!

Carlos

PS Good luck on the stripers!!

Tox,

See my reply to the other post. Hope that helps out. Going to Alabama now from the 27th to the 2nd. Let me know if you have any time off you want to go and play. If you want to practice for the stripers also, let me know.

I can bring my boat and use it instead of yours if you want to.

Carlos

Get ready, I'm going to pre-fish the lake and if they are hitting, I'll call...Saturday? Sunday? I'm now off line for a week plus....call me at home. I've got your numbers!!

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back