BYE BYE NX750/HELLO PT175

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Jaworski

Reaction score

Well after alot of thought and turmoil and driving my wife up the wall, I decided to sell my 04 NX 750 and get an 06 PT175. Sounds crazy, but most of the lakes here in Williamsburg VA are TM only. The Chickahominy is here and the Chickahominy reservoir. But I have caught more fish and had more fun on the 500-600 acre reservoirs. It was getting hard to look at the Fiberglass boat sitting there and not being used as much as it should have. Now with the TIN CAN it will be alot easier to access the smaller lakes. I got the 50 HP 2 stroke for a great deal because its an 05 motor. This way when I go up to Anna or down to Gaston I can still get around, granted not as fast but Ill make the sacrafice. I was finding myself not going fishing because it was to hard to get my boat into the smaller lakes with the water down, or it was just to far to go to one of the larger lakes. I had to make a decision so I could fish more. If I lived on or closer to the Big water I would have kept it. Time is precious and this affords me time to fish and time with the family.

I dont have to worry about Gel coat scratches!!! Yea:D

I can ride up on stumps!!! Yea:D

Less gas for towing lighter boat !!! Yea:D

Easier to get on and off trailer!!! Yea:D

Get to that skinny water!!! Yea:D

Wont go 54 MPH!!! S%$t:angry:

Not as smooth at speed/ I guess I wont be up at speed anymore so It wont matter:cool:

Well I pick up my New 06 PT 175 (BLUE) on Friday, Just in time to make the WARM SIDE OF ANNA KICKOFF. I hope its ready or there wont be any Hot Dogs (Anna crew).

Im sure it will be ready. See you for the maiden voyage at Anna.

I guess I have officially joined the Tin community once again, should have never left!!!:wacko:

Any words of wisdom from you PT 175 owners???

See you on the water,

Jaws

You will do well with the choice you made, it's perfect for the Chick or James. It will be fine on Anna as long as some of the toxic boats, I mean ski boats don't bother you. The best boat to own is the one that fits your needs, glass/tin 17ft or 21ft 30 mph or 104. If it ain't sitting on the bottom and you are catching fish? Thats all that matters.

Now you trader how dare you step down to tin, even Trep saw the light........

See Ya Saturday

BF

Have yoou thought about the new Pro Team 190? I saw one the last time I was at my Tracker dealer, NICE boat!

What did you choose for the TM? More is better, even in a 17ft boat.

BF

Way to go Jaws and welcome home.:D You'll be able to run what, 35 mph? It will be smooth as a babies.......Why can't you still come to the get together if the boats not ready?

Bill

Man even in a Nitro I can't escape discussion by my former Bretheran!

Jaws - From one prior (3 months ago) tracker owner I say verily, Yea though I go through the valley of the fish, I fear no rocks because the Tin is with me!!!

I had the MOST fun fishing with Uncle Bill (there's a story to write a book about Bill, how you went from Glass to the Tracker, and Nancy has stuck with you all along!! One of the most MEMORABLE fishing trips in the last few years, was fishing with Uncle Bill in a small pond off his Tracker, and that Old Dog Whooping my a$$!!!!

Go Getem and Rip Lips!!!

I could come up there, but its an hour and a half one way. If Im not coming up there to fish, I am home with my twin 2 1/2 year olds, not that you all arent good company;) I hope you understand.

But I think the boat will be ready.

As for the TM I havent decided yet. I just told them to take the Motor Guide off and give me the $180 off the price of the boat. Ill put the trolling motor on myself friday night, since they wanted to charge me labor hours.

My plan is the Minkota 55AT 12V up front. I had them give me a dual purpose crank/deep cycle vice the crankin batt so I can hang a 50LB tiller Minkota off the back for the TM lakes. I wanted to go bigger, but I think that outta do it for now. I was thinking about 24 volt but havent decided yet. I have until Friday to decide. Ill slap that bad boy on there Friday night In the garage and be ready for Sat. Plus install an Eagle 480 ff up front.

Jaws

Tha't almost the same setup that I have on my PT-185. The 50hp will get you up the lake just fine as long as you're not trying to race one of those gas guzzlers. I've done everything short of towing it home without the trailer and it still runs and fishes great. You'll really like that Minn Kota TM too.

Harpo

Jaws - don't listen to Bruce! He knows not of what he speaks!! :D I've had the fortune of riding in some great glass boats thanks to Bill in VA, Carlos and KB. Loved riding in them all - even got to pilot the legendary Scales and Tales for a bit! One thing it taught me was that as much fun as those boats were, my PT175 with 40hp was the right choice for me and the water I play in.

I fish the upper part of the Lower Potomac most times. With the sunken pilings and other the other hazards up there, I'm glad I got tin. Rode up on a unmarked sunken piling one time and glad to say that I didn't even scratch the tin! I've also had it in a few of the Maryland electric-only reservoirs with the motor trimmed up and a second trolling motor in the back (transom mount). Works great. The one thing I would probably have changed was getting a bit more rear motor. After the $3/gallon prices this fall, I wasn't even regretting that a whole lot. And the PT175 is versatile enough. I've been up and down Lake Anna in it in the height of summer and been fine. Just need to pay a bit more attention to what's around. I've also rode the lower part of the Potomac near Mattawoman Creek and Leeyslvania. Again, with your head on straight its not a problem. Now if I fished tournaments regularly or lived on Lake Anna like some of these guys, then I maight change my mind, but being where I am, tin makes sense for me. Sounds like you made the right decision for you.

So go out there and enjoy that new PT175 and don't regret a thing. Point is that you're out there fishing!! BTW, what's an hour and a half to fish in DECEMBER? I'm heading down from Northern VA and my drive is the same - 90 minutes or so. Heck, I'm even leaving a bit early to get home for dinner with the family (much as I would love to stick around and see what my wife's chili does to Toxic!!). So come on down (or up!). Gonna be some fun company and good fishing to boot.

JC

Verry little price diff between the 175/75 combo and the 185/90 combo...it was a very easy choice for me and is definitely not slow when it comes to runnin' when you need it.

You'll also aprreciate the extra storage;)

Never mind...I see you went with the 175. Good choice....

Did you go with the PT175 Special Edition model or the new PT175TX model? Welcome to the PT175 club! :) .

Waterwings

'05 PT175 (Blue ;) )

I put a 74lb MG 24v on my 2004 PT 185 last year, all bats in the back, it was a great setup could go all day in electric only lakes in NJ, I also upgraded the TM harness with 6guage marine grade duplex from Cabelas with a 50amp breaker and group 27 AGM batts that do not need water I used a dual battery tray. It worked great.

CJL

Welcome to Tin Skin!

You'll love it. I have a 50 hp on mine and with full load (me + coolers rods and tackle) and my wife it gets right at 33mph (GPS). Also it takes for ever for me to use a tank of gas.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I am looking forward to picking it up on Friday (4PM).

Waterwings------- its the new PT175 TX.

CJL-----I was also told by the tech that the new TM wiring will handle 24 volts, no rewire needed.

Just put the batts in series. I also asked about the plug. The tech said the receptical is rated for 24 volts too. Sounds good to me, when I upgrade to 24 it will be easy.(Unless the dude didnt have a clue???) He actually sounded like he knew what he was talking about, I asked him all of the right questions. He chimed right in with answers, not the standard dumbfounded look from somone thats clueless.

I decided to just go with the 55AT on the Bow and when in TM only lakes throw a 50lb tiller minn kota off the back. Upgrade later on.

Jaws

you will love it i have 165 with 25 4str and I get 26-27mph(GPS) and the best is how little gas it uses 4 tanks all year fishing every Sat and Sun, even on lake as big qubbin with three foot waves...

Latest posts

Back